2018 Monash South Africa Application Form
How to apply
There are several ways to apply for your course with Monash South Africa – online, post, email or fax. The application process is the same whether you’re a South African citizen, a registered permanent resident of South Africa, or an international student. (International students come from anywhere outside South Africa.)
All applications are considered based on individual merit, so the only thing to do is to get started.
Choose your course code – Monash Online Admission system will guide you through the application process. You’ll be prompted to create an account or log in if you have one already. You can save your application at any time and return to it later – just be sure to complete it and supply any relevant documentation, like certified copies , before applications close. Once complete, your application is automatically submitted.
If you’d like to lodge your application by posting, emailing or faxing it to us you’ll need to:
- Check that you meet the academic requirements and English language requirements for the degree or programme you’d like to study.
- Make sure you have certified copies of any relevant documentation (like your academic transcript, English scores and identity book/passport) requested.
- Apply for credit for previous study (advanced standing) by completing the form for Advanced Standing (pdf, 144Kb) – attach this to your application so it can be processed at the same time.
Transfer to Monash South Africa
If you started post-secondary studies at another institution and would like to transfer to Monash South Africa, you must meet the minimum admission requirements of the qualification that you want to study for. You may also apply for advanced standing (credit transfer) for the work you have already completed (limited as per qualification). Credit transfer is approved at the discretion of the School if the module content is determined to be commensurate with the unit offered at MSA. Credit transfer must be approved prior to commencing your studies at Monash South Africa.
You must provide all of the following documents relating to your previous course:
- an academic transcript (original certified copy)
- an explanation of what the results mean (usually found on the back of the transcript)
- an extract from the handbook, detailing the course structure and credit points (or equivalent weighting of the course)
- a unit syllabus including the assessment requirements for each unit you’re seeking credit for.
- proof of English proficiency, e.g. proof that study at home university was offered in English or formal English score
- Download and complete the application for admission form (pdf, 85Kb) or use the copy found in the back of the Monash South Africa Undergraduate Course Guide.
- Also complete the form for Advanced Standing (pdf, 144Kb) – attach this to your application as credits must be approved prior to commencement of studies.
Master of Business Administration application process
Complete the MBA Application form and submit it together with the following documents:
Step 1: Application form completed and signed by the student and person responsible for payment
- Copy of recent CV
- Certified copies of qualification(s)
- Certified copies of academic transcripts
- Declaration of English Language Proficiency ( if English was not the language of instruction in previous studies completed)
- Certified copy of Identity Document (ID) or Passport (foreign students)
- If non-RSA citizen: Certified copy of work permit and SAQA evaluation of foreign qualification(s).
Step 2: Email your application to email@example.com
Master of International Business application process
Applications for the Master of International Business are lodged with the Monash South Africa Research office directly. Please complete and return the MIB Application form (pdf, 96Kb). For more information visit Master of International Business or contact research co-ordinator Hester Stols via email or by calling +27 11 950 4470.
Master of Philosophy application process
Applications for the Master of Philosophy are lodged with the Monash South Africa Research office directly. Please complete and return the MPhil application form (pdf, 497Kb). For more information visit Master of Philosophy or contact research co-ordinator Hester Stols via email or by calling +27 11 950 4143.
Submitting your completed application
Once your application is complete submit it, along with your supporting documentation, in one of three ways:
1. Scan and send it via email
2. Fax it, with a covering letter, to 00 27 11 950 4288
3. Post it to:
Monash South Africa
Private Bag X60
Keep a copy of your application for your own records. If you are posting it, ask the post office for a receipt so that you have a record of when you sent it. Allow 2-3 weeks for a postal application to be received.
Download and complete the application for admission form or use the copy found in the back of the Monash South Africa Undergraduate Course Guide.