2019 AQUITY Innovations (NPC) Recent Opportunity
AQUITY Innovations is a not-for-profit organization established in 2010. The overall mission of AQUITY is to improve the quality of health and social services in the Southern African region and ensure access to good quality care. Our activities covert, TB and TB/DM management, TB/HIV programmes, OVC programs, Quality Improvement, health systems strengthening, research and evaluations.
Job Title: Research Nurse Coordinator
Job Location: KwaZulu-Natal
Programme and Vacancy Overview:
AQUITY has partnered with the Perinatal HIV Research Unit (PHRU) to support the Strategic Innovation Demonstration Studies Targeting Universal Testing for TB. The studies will be conducted in 13 facilities in KwaZulu-Natal. Based in Ethekwini Metropolitan Municipality, KwaZulu-Natal, the Nurse Coordinator will support 13 participating facilities where activities will be implemented. The Nurse Coordinator will report to the AQUITY Project Director and work closely with the AQUITY Program Advisor. The ability to work SMART, effectively and in collaboration with other AQUITY team members will be vital.
The Research Nurse Coordinator will be responsible for the overall study activities TB in the 14 facilities in eThekwini district. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide guidance and supervision of research staff including
- Conduct training on study protocol and orientation to facilities
- Compile reports on implementation milestones, targets and progress of study activities
- Identify bottlenecks and providing solutions to field staff
- Convene quarterly stakeholder meetings to inform district and facilities on progress of study
Coordination and Collaboration:
- Work closely with the Facility/District/Provincial Coordinators and other District Health Coordinators;
- Work closely with the Department of Health (DoH), facility personnel and other stakeholders e.g. laboratory services, pharmacies etc. to develop and implement strategies to strengthen TB, DR TB, HIV and NCDs program management;
- Work with DoH facility staff in scaling up successful interventions;
- Collaborate with NGOs/CBOs to facilitate continuity of care and improve linkage to care for TB/DR TB.
- Provide monthly and quarterly status reports to the Project Director;
- Provide activity-based reports a per the project guidelines to the Project Director.
- A Diploma or Bachelors’ degree in Health Sciences (nursing), or equivalent qualifications;
- 5 years’ experience in TB program management, TB case management, HIV/AIDS;
- Experience in training/coaching skills, team building;
- Ability to work in teams;
- Computer literacy;
- Driver’s license is a requirement and own car will be an added advantage
Please send your CV/Résumé, Cover Letter and completed biodata form to email@example.com. Alternatively, use this link to submit online.
Closing Date: 5 February 2018.
AQUITY is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We value and seek diversity in our workforce.