2019 Cederberg Municipality Internship Opportunity
The Cederberg Municipality, which includes the towns, Citrusdal, Clanwilliam, Graafwater, Lamberts Bay and Elands Bay as well as a large rural area, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill vacant positions within its establishment.
The Cederberg Local Municipality is an equal opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. Persons designated in terms of applicable legislations as historically disadvantaged South Africans as well as people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Preference will be given to qualifying female candidates:
- National Treasury has set up a financial internship programme to manage capacity building in municipalities.
- Interns will under practical experience and further training in strategic reforms in municipal finance.
- This appointment will be for a period of two years with a possible extension of a further year.
Key Performance Areas:
Assisting in the implementation of accepted municipal accounting practise andbudgetary reforms
● Training in the key performance areas of Internal Audit
● Reconciliations and financial
A three year’s Bachelor’s Degree / National Diploma (NQF 6) / or FET College Diploma (minimum with major concentrations in Economics, Accounting or Finance, Internal Auditing or Risk Management
● Proficiency in two (2) languages of the Western Cape (Afrikaans/English/Xhosa – Speak, Read and Write)
● Computer Literacy (MS Office Applications)
● High Level of responsibility and ability to give attention to detail
● Accountancy and numeracy skills
● Reporting Skills
● Basic Knowledge of monthly reconciliations ● Knowledge and or experience with regards to Internal Audit processes
● Good communication skills.
Remuneration: R 100 000.00 per annum -Total Cost to Company (as set out in the National Treasury Guidelines for the Implementation of MFMP).
Please Note: Preference will be given to residents in the Cederberg Municipal Area
● Young candidates whom
recently graduated from various institutions of further education
● Candidates whom are not permanently
CLOSING DATE: 22 February 2019
ENQUIRIES: Mr H. Witbooi or Mr N Smit, Tel (027) 482 8000
Forward your application in your own handwriting on the prescribed application form to: The Municipal Manager: Private Bag X2 Clanwilliam, 8135 Mark the Envelope clearly: Application for Vacancy
• Application forms are available from the municipal offices and the municipal website: www.cederbergmunicipality.co.za
and must be completed in the applicants own handwriting
• Applications must be accompanied by a
comprehensive CV with certified copies of qualifications (Not older than three months) and other relevant documents
• No applications received via fax or email will be considered
• Applications without the above
will not be considered
• The Cederberg Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment
• Candidates will be subjected to reference checks
• Fraudulent qualifications or documentation will immediately disqualify an applicant
• Direct or indirect canvassing with councillors or officials for preferential
treatment will lead to immediate disqualification of the relevant applicant
• Correspondence regarding the
advertised position will be limited to shortlisted candidates
• Do not send original documentation
• No CV’s or application documents will be returned to candidates for any reason. If you are not invited for an interview within 60 days, you may deem your application to be unsuccessful. Indicate clearly the vacancy you are applying for
• Should there be any errors or omissions on this advert; the relevant job description, grading and or municipal policies will supersede such error or omission
• It is important that applicants must have a
SA revenue services (SARS) registration number. Failure to provide a SARS number will disqualify your application.