2019 Nursery Production Manager Job Vacancy at Pronel
Location: KwaZulu-Natal and South Africa
Sector: Forestry and General
Contract Type: Permanent
Our client based in Ixopo is looking for a Production/ Operations Manager to join their team.
- Must be able to speak English, Afrikaans and Zulu
- Must come from a farming / forestry background
- Must have experience with irrigation, spraying and fertilization
- Fleet management experience
- Strong demonstrated management of staff
- Horticultural qualification
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a disciplined and motivated candidate to join the management team of an established commercial nursery near Ixopo, KZN.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Nursery Manager will oversee all aspects of the day-to-day running of the nursery, which specializes in the production of vegetable and forestry seedlings.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Management of junior staff and a labour force of 70-100 people including task planning, training, discipline and related administrative tasks
- Customer liaison, follow up, extension and promotional events
Logistics- management of drivers, maintenance of fleet, scheduling, loading of trucks, deliveries and stock
- Overall management of production including seedling growth and fertilization, spraying operations, record
keeping and seedling irrigation (water management)
- Procurement, record keeping and inventory control
- Maintenance of nursery infrastructure (including borehole and irrigation)
- Maintenance of general nursery hygiene
- A relevant horticultural qualification
- A passion for growing plants and a real desire to be a part of the nursery industry
- Prior experience in the seedling, vegetable or forestry industry is beneficial.
- Excellent customer relations skills and a good team player
- Strong labour management ability
- Fluency in isiZulu, English and Afrikaans
- A high level of self-motivation and the ability to pay great attention to detail.
- A competitive salary including benefits will be offered to the right candidate, dependent on experience and
Application Closing Date: 30 November 2019
To apply for this job click the apply button above or below