2020 University of the Western Cape Online Application Form
University of the Western Cape Application 2020 :To apply to the University of Cape Town , you need the documents below :
1) A certified copy of the green bar coded ID
2) Proof of payment of any relevant application fees
3) Certified copy of grade 11 results and any latest grade 12 results
For a full list of tips to remember before you apply, See Application Checklist. Applicants must check individual further requirements for each course and each tertiary institution. Please also be aware of NBTs and check with your university if you need NBT results to apply.
FYI: South Africans learners wishing to apply online will need a working email address and an ID number. Foreign learners wishing to apply will need to have their passport number.
Matric learners and other individuals hoping to jumpstart their careers can now apply to study at CPUT in 2019.
Whether you want to be a teacher, journalist, nurse, or a designer CPUT has you covered with more than 70 career-focused courses to choose from.
Applicants are encouraged to apply online and can visit www.cput.ac.za/study/apply.
Manual applications are only available to applicants applying for Recognition of Prior Learning, non-South African citizens, South African citizens with international qualifications, applicants with permanent residence in South Africa and applicants with Refugee Status/ an Asylum Seeker permit.
Please note; that a non-refundable application fee will be applicable for manual applications.
Applications for the following courses close on 31 July:
- Architectural Technology,
- Visual Communication
- Interior Design
- Product Design
- Jewellery Design & Manufacture
- Nursing Science
The deadline for applications from international applicants will be on August 31.
South African applicants can apply until September 30.
If you have already applied and have documents outstanding or need to upload additional supporting documents here.
Entry requirements are the minimum academic standards that the University requires in order to consider you for entry into one of our degree programmes. Meeting the requirements does not guarantee you a place. Competition for most of our degrees is high and demand for places generally exceeds the number of places available. Final selection is made subject to the availability of places, academic results and other entry requirements where applicable
How to Apply
STEP 1 – APPLY ONLINE
- To apply online, go to: https://www.uwc.ac.za/Students/Admin/Pages/Apply-Online.aspx
- You may apply for a maximum of TWO programme choices
- Try to keep your options open, especially when applying for programmes in Faculties such as Dentistry, Community and Health Sciences and Law
- There is NO application fee payable
- Applications close on 30 September 2020
- Applications for BCHD close on 31 August 2020
STEP 2 – ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF APPLICATION
- After completion of the online application form you will receive a letter via email from the University acknowledging receipt of your application
- The acknowledgment letter will contain your APPLICANT NUMBER
- This applicant number is to be used in all communication with the University
- You will also receive a brochure indicating the SUPPORTING documents that you will need to submit to the University by the application closing dates for your application to be considered complete
STEP 3 – UPLOAD SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION
- To upload supporting documents, go to http://studentdocumentupload.uwc.ac.za/ complete the form and upload required documents
- Current Matriculants, do not need to upload any supporting documentation
- Already Matriculated: Upload your matric certificate/foreign school leaving certificate.
- Attending Another Tertiary Institution: Upload a certified copy of your academic record and certificate of good conduct, stamped by the institution’s registrar.
STEP 4 – OFFER TO STUDY
- Current Matriculants may be made a PROVISIONAL offer IN 2019 (a provisional offer is not a guarantee of a place to study at the University).
- Successful applicants will receive communication via email offering a firm place and information about registration and orientation for 2020
- Once a FIRM/FINAL offer is received, applicants will be required to ACCEPT the offer within the designated time
- Should you not ACCEPT your offer in the designated period you will forfeit your place to study (your offer will expire)
- You may however, call or email the UWC Contact Centre and enquire as to whether your offer is still available even after it has expired and have it accepted on your behalf
- Applicants who have accepted their offers will receive communication via email informing them about registration and orientation for 2020.
Changed your mind about your choice of study?
- Do not submit a new application
- Check with the Contact Centre if you may change your programme choice
- Should your contact details change please contact the UWC Contact Centre and update your details
Complete the online application form by going tohttps://www.uwc.ac.za/Students/Admin/Pages/Apply-Online.aspx
Please note the following programmes will NOT be offered in 2020 for first time entering students:
- Bachelor of Science in Complementary Health Sciences (General Stream)
- Bachelor of Science in Complementary Health Sciences (Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture Stream)
- CHOOSE A DEGREE – Browse our academic programmes https://www.uwc.ac.za/Pages/AllProgrammes.aspx to see what programmes we offer, or visit our faculty pages on our website – type in what you would like to study and download the programme information.