Prospective undergraduate, postgraduate and international students who wish to join Nelson Mandela University in 2021 are invited to apply online.
In order to ensure adequate time for application, processing and planning by the university and yourself, applications for early admission in 2021 should be submitted by 3 August 2020.
Please note, places in some qualifications are limited, and it is therefore in your best interest to submit your online application form and ALL supporting documentation before 3 August 2020.
Before completing an online application form, please take note of the minimum admission requirements for the qualification that you are applying for or refer to the relevant faculty guide.
- Your online application form must be accompanied by:
- a copy of your final Grade 11 exam results or;
- the most recent Grade 12 (June/Sept) exam results (no March results), or
- a copy of your matriculation certificate/statement of results if you have already passed Grade 12/completed schooling,
- copies of your diploma/degree certificates plus academic record(s) and certificate(s) of conduct if you have studied elsewhere,
- a copy of your ID (birth certificate if still waiting for ID),
- a copy of the identity document of your parent/legal guardian/surety,
- declaration by your parent / legal guardian / surety if you are a dependent, or currently at school, or studying at a tertiary institution, or have recently left school and do/will not have permanent employment when applying or studying at the university.
- If your Applicant Score (AS) and subject specific marks do not meet the entry requirements for your chosen programme, you will need to consider another qualification as we no longer test applicants for admission.
- Some programmes have additional selection requirements; please consult the Undergraduate Guide for your faculty specific requirements.
- You may track the status of your application.
- The outcome of your application will be conveyed to you via our website and sms. Please ensure that we have your correct cell phone number.
- If you are admitted you will receive an Orientation Booklet together with registration information in November/December.
- Final acceptance is depended on:
- your final school leaving results meeting the minimum admission requirements for your chosen programme, or
- the submission of your final academic record and certificate of conduct if you are studying elsewhere.
2021 Closing Dates
1) Academic Applications
Applications for 2021 open: 06 April 2020
Early closing date: 03 August 2020
Late closing date: 30 September 2020
2) On-Campus Accommodation
Applications for on-campus accommodation open: 06 April 2020
Closing date: 30 September 2020
3) International Applicants
First Semester 2021 (February): Deadline – 30 September 2020 (application fee of R500)