Walter Sisulu University (WSU) is a university of technology and science in Mthatha, Eastern Cape, South Africa. This institution was founded on 1 July 2005 and offers quality education to over 24 000 students across its four campuses.
Walter Sisulu University Application 2021: To apply to Walter Sisulu University, you need the documents below :
1) A certified copy of the green bar coded ID
2) Proof of payment of any relevant application fees
3) Certified copy of grade 11 results and any latest grade 12 results
Applicants must check individual further requirements for each course and each tertiary institution. Please also be aware of NBTs and check with your university if you need NBT results to apply.
FYI: South Africans learners wishing to apply online will need a working email address and an ID number. Foreign learners wishing to apply will need to have their passport number.
When To Apply To Walter Sisulu University WSU
WSU Application Closing Date:
29 September (Health Sciences)
31 October (all other courses)
*Late applications may be considered.
How Much Is WSU Application Fees
- R100 (before 29 September)
- R200 (before 31 October)
- R300 (late application fee)
WSU Courses Offered
The university offers a wide variety of under- and post-graduate qualifications that fit into the following faculties:
- Business, Management Sciences And Law
- Health Sciences
- Science, Engineering And Technology
How to Apply to Walter Sisulu University
Applications for admission must be made on the prescribed form. The application form must be completed in detail and signed by the prospective student and his/her parent or guardian. The form must then be sent to the Office of the Registrar, Walter Sisulu University, on or before 29 August for the MBChB Degree and 30 September for other qualifications to be enrolled in the following year.
Applications open on the 1st of April.
R100.00 before and up to 30th of September.
01 0ctober – 30 November is R200-00, thereafter R300-00.
Dates to remember:
Registration dates are as follows:
8 – 16 January (returning students)
19 January – 6 February (first time students)
Step 1: Get your application form.
Please note that application forms may be downloaded and are currently only available on campus.
Step 2: Complete your application form in full.
*Remember you’ll need an email address.
Step 3: Attach all supporting documents.
Step 4: Complete a student accommodation form. Please note that this is part of the application process.
Walter Sisulu University Online Application Status
Are you a student who has been anxiously waiting to find out if you have been accepted into Walter Sisulu University (WSU) for the 2021 academic year? Are you a parent/guardian looking to check/track the application status for WSU admission of your child?
You have come to the right place, we have documented all the steps to make it easy for you to find out your 2020 WSU application status online.
When Is Walter Sisulu University Online Application Form Ready
Application forms for returning or continuing students are now available. This download also includes the residence application form.
Download a postgraduate application for admission.
- In addition to the completed general application form, the completed Appendix A1 and A2 of the Higher Degrees Policy for post graduate admission should also be completed.
- For existing postgraduate students a progress report and recommendation for re-registration from the supervisor or co-supervisor, endorsed by the Faculty Post Graduate Coordinator, must be submitted. The form for the progress report is on pg 86 of the Postgraduate Manual.
- Clearance from the Fees Office that fees for the previous year have been fully settled. All applicants who qualify for admission will be offered a letter of provisional admission. For more information, please see the general prospectus.
WSU Contact Details
Find the contact details for Walter Sisulu University campuses below;
Admissions Tel: 047 502 2443/8
General Enquiries Tel: 047 502 2844
Admissions Tel: 047 401 6000
General Enquiries Tel: 047 4016254
Buffalo City Campus:
Admissions Tel: 043 708 5200.
General Enquiries Tel: 043 702 9200
Admissions Tel: 040 842 6800
General Enquiries Tel: 040 – 842 6800