About The Private Hotel School in Stellenbosch
The Private Hotel School is where hospitality dreams come true. With campuses located in Stellenbosch, the heart of the Cape Winelands and the country’s culinary capital, and in the vibrant suburb of Rosebank, Johannesburg, surrounded by some of the best hotels and eateries the city has to offer. The Private Hotel School with its skilled team of professionals, teaching nationally and internationally accredited courses, is one of the more sought after hotel schools in South Africa and will help you realise your aspirations of a career in the stimulating world of hospitality. Our curriculum combines innovative and leading edge hospitality instruction with sound practical training and knowledge of the hospitality industry. This allows us to provide tomorrow’s hospitality industry leaders with the hands-on training, educational and cultural awareness skills necessary to succeed in today’s competitive global economy. At the same time we also aim to foster international goodwill and friendship. At our hospitality school our students are trained to master scarce professional skills, obtaining high levels of the specialised knowledge needed to excel in the hospitality environment. Our qualifications are accredited by the AHA-IHMS and allows our students to complete an optional 3rd year in the USA.
What makes us different and sets us apart from any other hospitality academy?
- TPHS is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (Reg No:2010/HE007/005) as a private higher educational institution and is registered to offer the following Hospitality studies:
– Higher Certificate in Hospitality Management,
– Advanced Certificate in Hospitality Management and an
– Advanced Diploma in Hospitality Education.
- We are the only South African Hospitality Institution offering an Advanced Diploma in Hospitality Education.
- We are proud members of the leading South African Associations such as FEDHASA (Federated Hospitality Association of Southern Africa), the Association of Private Providers of Education, Training and Development (APPETD) and the South African Chefs Association (SACA).
- The Private Hotel School is accredited by the internationally renowned and respected American Hospitality Academy- International Hotel Management Schools (AHA-IHMS). IHMS schools are dedicated to providing an innovative response to the hospitality industry’s need for leaders.
- The Private Hotel School is a registered and approved centre for the renowned international City & Guilds Group.
- We have a co-operation agreement with the internationally distinguished Stellenbosch University.
- The director of The Private Hotel School is an Advisory Board Member of the AHA-IHMS.
- We are a member of the USA National Restaurant Association (NRA).
- We are a member of Stellenbosch Tourism.
- TPHS serves on the Management Board of EUROCHRIE, the official federation for Europe and Africa, of the International Council for Tourism and Hospitality Educators.
As a student at The Private Hotel School you will master scarce professional skills and obtain high levels of the specialised knowledge needed to excel in the hospitality industry. If you are interested in a career in the hospitality or culinary fields, we would like to extend a personal invitation to you and your family to visit our campus and to experience The Private Hotel School difference.