ABSIP Bursary South Africa.
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The Association of Black Securities and Investment Professionals (ABSIP) was founded in 1995 to fill the gap in the market for black professionals in the investment and securities industry. Today the ABSIP includes sub-sectors like Corporate Finance, Corporate Banking, Asset Management, Investment Banking, Private Banking, Retail Banking, Stock Broking, Insurance, Private Equity, Financial Consulting and Development Finance Institutions.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
One of the ABSIP’s main priorities is education and academic excellence, hence the offering of bursary awards to deserving students. The bursary programme commenced in 2013 and is still going strong.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Proven academic excellence,
- Intend on following a career within the financial sector,
- Black student (Coloured, Indian, Black),
- From a disadvantaged background.
HOW TO APPLY
Please include the following supporting documentation with your complete application form:
- Matric mid-year and final results (certified copies),
- ID document (certified copy),
- Parents or guardian’s ID document (certified copies),
- Parents or guardian’s pay-slips (if employed) (certified copy),
- Parents or guardian’s sworn affidavit (if unemployed),
- Parents or guardian’s proof of income (if pensioners).
15 January annually.