Airport Company: Assistant Manager Baggage Management Job 2019
Assistant Manager Baggage Management – (19000027)
An exciting vacancy exists at Cape Town International Airport for an experienced Assistant Manager professional within the Airport Management division.
Key Performance Outputs
The successful candidate, reporting to the Manager Public Safety and Security will be responsible for the following:
- Chair Operational meetings and attend stakeholder meetings, including mandatory meetings.
- Compile and ensure compliance and adherence to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Investigate and report all Security incidents/deficiencies, non-conformances and complaints at high level and implement remedial action.
- Ensure crime prevention measures are in place and ensure all criminal activities are reported.
- Provide input into Airport Security Program
- Proactively plan, manage and organise security activities.
- Identify and implement contingency plans to mitigate identified security risks.
- Ensure contract management in line with SLA where applicable
- Manage procurement processes.
- Manage Service Level Agreements (SLA) of service providers where applicable.
- Build and maintain sound internal and external stakeholder / customer relations whilst balancing enforcement with professionalism.
- Collaborate with SAPS and local government agencies.
- Respond to all emergencies in the prescribed manner and ensure that the team is able to respond adequately.
- Manage the security component of risk within relevant area.
- Stay abreast of global security threats and security technology advancements
Technical Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience is required
- A relevant Diploma essential;
- A minimum of 4 years Security Operational Experience is essential;
- A minimum of 2 years Management Experience is essential;
- Intermediate Proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Office packages;
- Knowledge of procurement process, Budgets and Asset will be advantageous;
- Knowledge and experience of ICAO, NKP and SACAA and other relevant legislation and ACSA policies and procedures.
This position calls for an individual who is Customer centric, builds relationships with internal and external customers and able to communicate well and direct people by providing clear objectives and inspiring them. The candidate must be able to plan work, be well organized and methodical and act in line with dominant values of the organisation. The nature of the job requires problem solving and conflict management abilities.
Positions will be filled in line with ACSA’s values and Employment Equity policy and plan. Preference will be given to members of designated groups that are under-represented and will also be advertised externally
: Cape Town International
: Airport-COR (23500P)
: Business Operations-COR (13000P)
: Mar 29, 2019, 9:59:00 PM