Assumption Convent School is offering two or more scholarships. Each scholarship will cover 50% of the school fees, excluding the levies. The scholarships will initially be awarded for Grade 8 2021 and will be renewed annually subject to satisfactory academic progress.
- Pupils currently in Grade 7 2020 are eligible to apply for the Assumption Convent Open Scholarship.
- The Assumption Convent Open Scholarship is awarded for academic excellence.
- To qualify for these scholarships, candidates need to be well above average academically.
- The scholarship examinations will comprise of an English and Mathematics paper.
- The selection committee may also take into account a candidate’s extramural activities and community service.
- The final selection process will involve an interview and a character reference from the current school Principal.
- Whilst it is the intention to award two or more scholarships, the selection committee reserves the right not to award scholarships if the candidates do not meet the required criteria. The selection Committee’s decision is final.
Procedure for the Scholarship Exams
Exams will be held on 22 February 2020
Please ensure you submit the Scholarship Application form by 17 February 2020 or your daughter will not be able to write the examinations.
- Registration will take place from 08h15 to 08h45
- Examination starts promptly at 09h00
- No cell phones are allowed in the exams
- No calculators are allowed in the exams
- Pupils to wear their full school uniform
- Pupils to bring their own stationery (pen, pencil, eraser and ruler)
- Examinations consists of a one hour Mathematics and one hour English paper
- Before each exam 10 minutes will be allocated for reading through the papers. Once settled, the first examination paper will commence at 09h10.
Examination Day – 22 February 2020
Below is a time guideline for the examination day
- Arrive promptly
- Examination start time 09h00
- Examinations end 12h00
Parents/Guardians will be notified of the results via e-mail by
the beginning of March 2020.
Winners of the Scholarship will be contacted telephonically.