Average Salary For Safety Officers In South Africa

A Health and Safety Officer is appointed to perform the main health and safety duties in the workplace. He or she is responsible for ensuring that there is a safe working environment for employees and other relevant parties.


Safety Officer Earn In South Africa

The average safety officer salary in South Africa is R 276 000 per year or R 142 per hour. Entry-level positions start at R 204 000 per year, while most experienced workers make up to R 2 184 000 per year.

How do I become a safety officer in South Africa?

Choose an industry to become qualified in.

Gain experience working in that industry.

Do a Safety Officer course, such as the Emcare course.

Register with the relevant registration bodies.

Apply to become a professional safety officer with a business.

What is the minimum qualification of a safety officer?

Diploma in electrical/chemical safety OR Degree/ PG Diploma in occupational safety, health, or environment management from a recognized University/Institution (2) A minimum of two years of relevant experience in EHS management is required for the post of Safety Officer.

Where can I study safety officer in South Africa?

South African Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (SASH)Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM) Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM).

What to study to become a safety officer?

To work as a Safety Officer in the construction industry, you need to be registered with the SACPCMP.

Sarosh is the accrediting body for the SAMTRAC occupational risk management course (offered exclusively by NOSA in SA), as well as for a range of other OHS courses offered by various training providers.

Does Unisa offer health and safety?

This UNISA Safety management course is offered at NQF level 6. The university has stipulated a set of requirements that learners should fulfill for them to be admitted into the program.

These requirements include A National Senior Certificate or any other equivalent higher certificate.