GIBB Engineering Bursaries Scheme
Field of Study:
- Engineering & the Built Environment
- Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Construction Economics & Management
- Electrical & Information Engineering
- Mechanical, Industrial & Aeronautical Engineering
A GIBB bursary covers
· Cost of tuition at any university in South Africa
· Travel costs where applicable
· Accommodation where applicable
· Vacation employment
· Students must be South African citizens with a valid ID Book / Card.
· Students must be studying towards an Engineering Degree, Honours or Masters, with specialisation in the following disciplines: Civil, Electrical, Rail and Roads.
· Students must have successfully completed their 1st year of study.
· For students in University 2nd, 3rd year, Honours or Masters, studying in one of the fields mentioned above need to maintain a 60% average to apply.
You must attach certified copies of the below documents in order to be considered:
• Matric Certificate
• Full tertiary academic record
· Employment at any GIBB office in South Africa
· Practical training, as required by the university, will be provided where possible during winter and/or summer vacations.
· The tenure of the bursary is subject to good academic progress. Should a bursary holder’s academic results fall below an average of 60%, the continuance of the bursary may be reviewed.
The closing date for bursaries is the 31 August.
How to Apply:
Please click on the below link and select the 2017 External Student Bursary position Gibb