Cape Peninsula University Of Technology NSFAS
NSFAS applications are now open.
Applications must be made directly to NSFAS.
Apply online at www.nsfas.org.za
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme, or NSFAS, is a government organisation that assists academically competent and financially needy students to pay their study-related costs.
Applications for NSFAS 2017
Students entering university for the first time in 2017, including 2016 matriculates, must apply from 9-20 January 2017.
University student who were not funded (declined/ did not apply) by NSFAS in 2016, can apply for funding from 9-20 January 2017.
For more information, or to apply, visit: www.nsfas.org.za
Paper applications forms can be sent to NSFAS Head Office in Cape Town via:
- Email to: email@example.com
- Fax to: 086 644 2822
- Post to: 2017 Online Applications, NSFAS Loans & Bursaries Department, Private Bag X4, Plumstead, 7801.
Please complete and submit your application online within the deadlines provided by NSFAS as the university will not be in a position to assist students who submit incomplete or late applications, or who didn’t apply to NSFAS.
NB: Applications for NSFAS will no longer be accepted by the CPUT Financial Aid Office.
A student qualifies for a NSFAS loan if he/ she is:
- a South African citizen
- applied to study at a university
- an undergraduate student studying towards a first higher education qualification
- is financially needy as determined by the NSFAS Means Test
- able to demonstrate potential for academic success
- unable to finance his/ her studies
Students who have received loans or bursaries from other sources covering the full cost of study are not eligible for a loan.