cape peninsula university of technology tuition fees
At registration, foreign students must pay R1 400 plus an upfront payment of 50% of the anticipated fees for the year; the balance of the fees for the year must be paid by May.
Please note that as a foreign student you will pay double tuition fees.
International students levy
All students need to pay R1 400, which is a once off fee that is compulsory to everyone except refugees, exchange students, and semester study abroad students.
At registration, African students must pay R1 800 plus an upfront payment of 50% of the anticipated fees for the year; the balance of the fees for the year must be paid by May.
- The fees are determined by the Council of the CPUT and are subject to revision from time to time.
- The fees are normally increased annually by the same amount as the prevailing CPI inflation rate (which has constantly remained at approximately 5 – 6%).
- Examination fees are included in the class fees. International students, except those from African countries, are required to pay two times the South African fee.
Sponsored students must produce an official letter of sponsorship for each academic year.
International students who wish to apply to a South African institution must consider the following financial issues, over and above their tuition costs:
- transport to and from South Africa
- study permit application costs, as well as the cost of annual renewal
- accommodation costs – private or university residence
- books, stationery, etc.
- medical cover costs.
Regrettably, financial aid is not made available to international students. However, postgraduate merit bursaries may be awarded to current students.