CEO VACANCY AT THE ARTS & CULTURE TRUST (ACT) 2017
The Arts & Culture Trust (ACT), South Africa’s premier independent arts and culture funding and development agency based in Johannesburg, seeks a dynamic and visionary leader.
The purpose of the role is the overall management of the Trust’s operations including the development of strategies, design and planning of programmes, fundraising, financial management, marketing and communication and management of human resources.
The ideal candidate profile for this hands-on leadership role is the following:
- Must hold a relevant degree in Humanities, Social Sciences or Business Management.
- At least 5 years’ senior management experience in the arts and culture sector;
- Experience in leading a diverse team of arts and culture specialists in various roles will be an advantage; and
- Experience in managing/leading a trust will be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Above par communications and writing skills are essential;
- Well-developed business acumen;
- Demonstrated results orientation;
- Ability to work under-pressure;
- Board leadership experience as well as broad-based industry knowledge;
- Grant-making experience would be advantageous; and
- Demonstrated high level of integrity and trustworthiness.
The key deliverables in this role shall include (but not limited to) –
- Strategy planning in collaboration with the Board of Trustees;
- Implementation of approved strategic plans;
- Board administration and governance;
- Fundraising and donor management;
- Financial management;
- Management of visual identity and marketing;
- Overseeing communications and PR;
- Overseeing the implementation of ACT projects and programmes;
- Overseeing operations;
- Management of human resources;
- Performance management; and
- Management of service providers.
The professional services of pinpoint one Human Resources has been retained to facilitate the process on this search assignment. Please send your CV toby no later than Friday 16 June 2017. Receipt will be acknowledged. No late or incomplete applications will be considered. ACT reserves the right to not make an appointment.