IT And Computer Science – Buffalo City TVET College NCV Programme
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
The National Certificate Information Technology and Computer Science is an Information Technology and Computer Science qualification at each of Levels 2, 3 and 4 of the NQF. This qualification is designed to provide both the theory and practice of information Technology and Computer Science.
The practical component of study may be offered in a real workplace environment or in a simulated workplace environment. It will provide students with an opportunity to experience work situations during the period of study.
Minimum Entry Requirements
For entry into the National Certificate Information Technology and Computer Science at NQF Level 2, you require:
- A year end school report from Grade 9,10,11 or 12, or
- An NQF Level 1 qualification, or
- An approved bridging programme designed for the specific purpose to access NQF Level 2, or
- A Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessment to meet the basic requirements for access to NQF Level 2.
Vocational Subjects In National Certificate Information Technology And Computer Science
The vocational subjects in Information Technology and Computer Science are:
- Information Systems
- Systems Development
- Contact Centre Operations
- Computer Programming
- Data Communication and Networking
- Computer Hardware and Software
These subjects are offered at each of the different NQF levels of study in the National Certificate Information Technology and Computer Science qualification.
The holder of the National Certificate Information Technology and Computer Science will be able to:
- Test programmes and software applications
- Write computer programmes
- Install network cables for computer systems
- Process computer data
- Develop, research and document computer user requirements
The National Certificate Information Technology and Computer Science provide an opportunity to access careers in any of the sectors listed below:
- Computer programming
- Information Technology Management
- Computer systems Engineering
- Data Processing