Cornerstone Institute Admission Requirements
What are your dreams and aspirations?
Where do you see yourself in the future?
What are your gifts and skills?
Will the programme of your choice equip you for your future?
How much time do you have available to study?
Based on the above, choose your programme of study.
Choose whether you want to study full or part-time, online or on campus.
|Full Time||Part Time|
|BA Hons, Psychology (Academic) – minimum 1 year (campus)||BA Hons, Psychology (Academic) – minimum 18 months (campus)|
|BA Hons, Psychology (BPsych Equivalent) – minimum 18 months (campus)||Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), Intermediate Phase – minimum 2 years (online)|
|BA Hons Community Development – minimum 1 year (campus)||Bachelor of Theology in Community Leadership and Bachelor of Arts – minimum of 4 years (online or campus)|
|Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), Intermediate Phase – minimum 1 year (online)||Higher Certificate in Community Counselling – minimum 2 years (campus)|
|Higher Certificate in Business Studies minimum 2 years (online or campus)|
|Higher Certificate in Community Counselling – minimum 1 year (campus)|
|Higher Certificate in Business Studies minimum 1 year (online or campus)|
Complete the application form and ensure you have all supporting documents.
Click one of the links below to download the appropriate form or submit an online application.
Downloadable Application Forms
Bachelor Of Psychology Honours (BPsych. Equivalent) Application – Campus Only
Cornerstone Institute Application Form – can be emailed, delivered or posted.
BPsych Equivalent Dept Application form – must be delivered or posted. No emails accepted.
Admission information, study permit requirements, immigration matters and working while studying in South Africa
The following information is pertinent to students who wish to study full-time at the Cornerstone campus in Cape Town, South Africa. It is vital to read the section regarding admission information, study permit requirements, immigration matters and working while studying in South Africa, before proceeding to the section Applying to Cornerstone Institute.
Please follow this link for information about medical insurance for international students.
Once you have received a provisional acceptance letter from Cornerstone Institute, 60% of the annual tuition fee must be paid to Cornerstone Institute by the end of September in order for the registrar to issue you with a visa letter to apply for a study permit. (Many of our foreign students struggle to get their visa in time and end up arriving later for the start of lectures.) See below for study permit requirements.
In adherence to South African Government rules and regulations, your final registration is subject to producing a valid study permit that can be applied for at the nearest South African representative, normally in your home country. For this purpose you will use the official visa letter issued by the Registrar. This letter must be presented to a South African diplomatic mission abroad, which has the authority to process applications for study permits. The South African Department of Home Affairs and South African diplomatic offices abroad are responsible for the regulations and procedures. Do not proceed to Cornerstone Institute without the study permit/visa.
Should you require financial aid, application needs to made by the end of September. The earlier it is submitted the better chance you have of being successful. Financial aid cannot be guaranteed and will not be more than 40% of the annual tuition fee. Cornerstone Institute does not receive a government subsidy for providing tertiary education, so bursaries are very limited.
Should you require accommodation please contact the student services officer Beverley Dankers at email@example.com. Cornerstone does not offer student accommodation.
Study Permit Requirements
- Letter of Admission from Cornerstone Institute.
- Proof that sufficient funds are available for the proposed stay in South Africa to cover tuition fees, maintenance and incidental costs.
- Details regarding arranged accommodation, which should be in Cape Town or surrounding areas. (The Embassy requires proof of residence, i.e. a formal letter with a lease agreement from the owner of the residence. Cornerstone cannot supply this.)
- A police clearance certificate.
- The expiry date of your study permit is very important. It is your own responsibility to apply for an extension 30 days before it expires.
- You should provide a medical certificate as provided for on the study permit application form and particulars of, or arrangements made with regard to, medical insurance/cover in South Africa . You will also need to submit medical and radiological reports, which should be less than six months old and relevant certificates if you are married, widowed, divorced or separated.
- If the duration of your studies is longer than one year, you will have to lodge a cash deposit or bank guarantee equivalent to the airfare or transportation costs to your country of origin for repatriation purposes. Please keep the receipt issued for the guarantee for a possible extension of your study permit in South Africa . The cash deposit will only be reimbursed once you are back in your home country.
- Formal admission to Cornerstone Institute does not guarantee the issuing of a study permit.
- Students without valid study permits cannot be registered at Cornerstone Institute.
- Permit Applications should be made at least 30 days prior to the date of departure.
- All documents required when you apply for a study permit or visitor’s visa, must be originals or certified copies. (A certified copy is a photocopy of the original document with an original certified stamp that the authorised person [Commissioner of Oaths] has seen the original document. An uncertified photocopy of the original or a photocopy of a certified copy is not sufficient.)
Working while studying in South Africa
- The holder of a study permit may conduct part-time work as long as the period does not exceed 20 hours per week and may also work full-time during academic vacations.
- A holder of a study permit may also be granted permission to conduct work in the form of practical training in a field related to his/her studies, on submission of the following documentation:
- A letter from Cornerstone Institute confirming that practical training is required or advantageous to complete the intended study, and
- A letter from the prospective employer offering practical training
NBT Remote Writers
If writing the National Benchmark Tests is a requirement for your studies, apply here to write them in your own country.
- What are your dreams and aspirations?
- Where do you see yourself in the future?
- What are your gifts and skills?
- Will the programme of your choice equip you for your future?
- How much time do you have available to study?
- Based on the above, choose your programme of study.
- Choose whether you want full or part-time studies, in the day or in the evenings.
|Full Time||Part Time|
|BA (Hons) Psychology – minimum 1 year (afternoon/evening classes)||BA (Hons) Psychology – minimum 18 months
|Bachelor of Theology and Bachelor of Arts – minimum 3 years
|Postgraduate Certificate In Education Intermediate Phase – minimum 2 year
|Advanced Diploma in Intermediate Phase Teaching – minimum 1 year (e-learning)
Bachelor of Theology and Bachelor of Arts – minimum 3 years (day classes)
|Bachelor of Theology – minimum 5 years
|Higher Certificate Community Counselling – minimum 1 year (day classes)
Higher Certificate Business Studies – minimum 1 year (e-learning and evening classes
|Bachelor of Arts – minimum 5 years
(day classes or e-learning)
|Higher Certificate Community Counselling – minimum 2 years
|Higher Certificate Business Studies – minimum 2 year
(evening classes or e-learning only)
- Complete the application form and ensure you have all supporting documents.
- Click one of the links below to download the appropriate form or submit an online application.Downloadable Application FormsCertificates and Short Courses 2016 Application FormHigher Certificates and Bachelor Degrees 2016 Application FormAdvanced Diplomas and Post Graduate 2016 Application FormOnline ApplicationsHigher Certificates and Bachelor Degrees