Cross-Over Remedial is a private Christian mainstream remedial school that caters for remedial learners. We celebrated our 10year anniversary in 2019. We are based in our brand new school in Rispark, Johannesburg South (near Mall of the South) which opened in January .
We cater for learners from Grade R to Grade 9.
Slow learners and learners with learning problems are not receiving the individual attention they so desperately need. They tend to fall behind and are unable to catch up to their peers.
Cross-Over aims at providing learners with a safe learning environment and small group settings where learners are able to develop basic skills at their own pace.We use GDE and CAPS approved textbooks.
We cater for learners with a below average, average and above average intelligence, but who experience learning difficulties. We aim to provide quality education.We do not label the learners and are constantly encouraging them to grow and develop in all aspects of their lives. A strong work ethic is promoted and rewarded.Some of our learners are main streamed, some remain with us for the duration of their primary school years or up to grade 9 and some are redirected to LSEN schools. Each child follows his/her unique path.
We involve educational psychologists, speech therapists and occupational therapists in order to facilitate the child’s development.
Cross-Over Remedial School is registered as a private remedial school with the Department of Education, has experienced and certified SACE teachers and follows the national curriculum.
What is Remedial Education?
- A specific method of instruction/teaching
- Based on specific deficits in performance of the child
- Starts after collecting relevant information about the child’s performance
- Develop the child’s strengths
- Fills in the gaps in learning
- Enables the child to achieve academic skills
Admission Process Of Cross-Over Remedial School
We welcome prospective parents and their children to visit the school.
Please call us to make an appointment.
Applicant’s Birth Certificate Please make CERTIFIED COPIES of ALL original documentation and attach to this application form:
- Applicant’s Clinic Card
- Both parents/guardian’s Identity Documents
- Recent Salary slip of parent/guardian (person responsible for payment of school fees) to confirm ability to pay school fees.
- Proof of residence
- Copies of most recent assessments done by educational psychologists (2 copies), speech therapists or occupational therapists. Assessments CAN NOT be older than 2 years. Your child will not be considered unless they have been recently assessed by an educational psychologist and have proof thereof.
- Completed Referral letter from present/ previous school (returned by school)
- Finance Clearance Document from present/ previous school (returned by school)
- Applicant’s Transfer Card
- Applicants most recent Progress Report
- Completed Religious Policy Document
- Completed Drug Policy Document (From Grade 4 and up)
- An interview will be conducted with parents and learner in order to relay what your responsibilities are while at Cross-Over Remedial School.
Your child will only be considered for enrolment once ALL requested documents are submitted (and filled in correctly & legibly), and a commitment to pay the non-refundable registration fee has been made.
Parents can purchase stationery items for the year at PNA or purchase it elsewhere.
Please feel free to contact us with any of your queries or comments.
198 SPRINGBOK ROAD,Rispark,Johannesburg, 2053
Tel : 011 869 5642
For general enquiries contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Financial Queries or Proof of Payments contact: email@example.com