Department of Public Works Bursary South Africa.
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The Department of Public Works (DPW) has the goal of promoting economic development and thereby increasing the living standards of its people. The DPW is in charge of providing and managing the infrastructure and accommodation needs of national departments.
The DPW are investing in its people by offering external bursary awards to deserving students.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within fields relevant to the core business of the Department, namely:
- Construction Project Management
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Landscape Architect
- Quantity Surveying
The bursary award will cover the following fees: tuition, prescribed textbooks, accommodation and a monthly allowance.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- High academic results,
- Studying (or intend on studying) full-time within a field related to the core business of the DPW,
- In financial need,
- Not a staff member of the Department of Public Works.
HOW TO APPLY
The latest application form can be downloaded at: http://www.publicworks.gov.za/forms.html
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Academic records/ progress reports (certified copies),
- Tertiary admission letter (on tertiary letterhead),
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies),
- Parents/ guardians proof of income,
- Breakdown of tertiary fees per annum,
- Certificate of good conduct (if applicable).
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted to:
The Director General
Private Bag X65
Attention: The Bursary Administrator (Mr. C. Grove)
For any bursary queries, please contact:
The Bursary Administrator: Mr C Grove
Tel: 012 406 1000/ 2000