Download South Africa Visa Application Form
What documents are required in order to apply for a South African visa for visiting purposes?
- Your passport or an official travel document that is valid for no less than 30 days after the expiry of your anticipated visit to the country.
- It is vital that your passport has at least TWO free pages for entry or departure endorsements
- A completed Visa Application Form (DHA-84)
- Proof of payment of the prescribed fee
- A yellow-fever vaccination certificate is required if you have transited through a country for longer than 12 hours where there is a risk of yellow fever transmission.
- A Statement or document explaining or validating the reason and duration of your visit
- Two colour passport photographs
- A return or onward ticket if you are travelling by air
- If you have individuals under the age of 18 travelling with you or accompanying you on your trip to South Africa, you will need to provide the following additional documents:
- Proof of guardianship or custody or
- Consent from the guardian in the case of an unaccompanied minor
- Proof of financial means to pay for your living expenses while in South Africa in the form of:
- Bank statements
- Salary advances
- Undertakings by the host(s) in South Africa
- Medical cover or
- Cash available (including credit cards and travellers’ cheques)
Who can apply for a visitor’s visa to South Africa?
Not all nationalities require a visa to visit South Africa. If your country is not visa exempt, then you might qualify for a visa if you fall into one of the categories below:
- Visits to family or friends and also for tourism purposes
- Business purposes
- Spouse to temporarily join a spouse who is in South Africa on a work or study permit
- Children to temporarily join parents who are in South Africa on work or study permits
- Fiancé to join his or her partner with the intension of marrying within 90 days
- Charitable or voluntary activities
- To work in the production of an movie or show (i.e. in the entertainment industry)
- For medical purposes (max stay 3-months)
- Sport events