Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality Bursary South Africa
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality is the local government for the East Rand in Gauteng. “Ekurhuleni” derives from the Tsonga language and means “place of peace”.
The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality have established a bursary programme for its residents who intend on taking up tertiary education studies.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Accounting / Accounting Sciences
- Actuary Sciences
- Financial Management
- Internal Audit
- Public Management Finance
ENGINEERING AND BUILT ENVIRONMENT FIELD:
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Architectural Studies
- Aviation/ Aerospace Engineering
- Building Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Studies
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering (Geo Science)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Town Planning
- Transport Engineering
LAW & HUMANITIES FIELD:
- Clinical Psychology
- Community Development
- Industrial Psychology
- International Relations
- Political Science
- Youth Development
- Airport Planning
- Business Administration/ Entrepreneurship
- Public Administration
- Real Estate/ Property Management
- Tourism Management
- Transport & Logistics
MEDICAL, HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENT FIELD:
- Disaster Management
- Environmental Health Management
- Water and Sanitation
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY FIELD:
- Computer Science
- Information & Communications Technology
- Software Engineering
- System Engineering
- Industrial Welding
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen or permanent resident,
- Intend to study full-time, towards an undergraduate qualification in one of the aforementioned fields of study,
- Reside in Ekurhuleni.
*Preference will be given to female students, students with disabilities and those from disadvantaged backgrounds.
HOW TO APPLY
The latest application form can be downloaded from: http://www.ekurhuleni.gov.za/jobs/bursaries.
Alternatively, you can collect an application form from a public utility closest to you – clinics/ civic centres/ public libraries (within Ekurhuleni).
The following documents must accompany your application form:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric final certificate or latest Matric results (certified copy),
- Proof of registration at tertiary institution (certified copy),
- Proof of Ekurhuleni residence (Municipal account) (certified copy),
- Parents/ guardians latest payslip (certified copy),
- If parents/ guardians are unemployed: affidavit AND application form to be certified,
- If parents/ guardians are deceased: death certificate (certified copy).
Completed application forms and all supporting documents must be handed in to one of the aforementioned public utilities. Please do not email or fax your applications.
24 September annually