Eskom Bursaries South Africa.
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Founded in March 1923 as ESCOM (Electricity Supply Commission), a South African electricity public utility. Today the company known as “ESKOM” is home to almost 40 000 employees and is the sole electricity source for the country.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
As a means of broadening the skill pool in the country and empowering young students to reach their career aspirations, Eskom are awarding bursary programmes to students studying within the following fields:
- Accounting (Universities)
- Boiler Makers (FET)
- Bricklayers (FET)
- Carpenters (FET)
- Control & Instrumentation (FET)
- Engineering: Electrical, Electronic, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Industrial, Mechanical, Metallurgical, Nuclear (Universities & Technikons)
- Electricians (FET)
- Environmental Science (Universities & Technikons)
- Fitters & Turners (FET)
- IT (Universities)
- Metallurgy (Technikons)
- Mechanical (FET)
- Millwrights (FET)
- Plumbers (FET)
- Power Plant Operators (FET)
- Safety and Risk (Technikons)
- Supply Chain (Universities)
- Welders (FET)
Eskom are offering 3 types of bursaries:
Full Eskom Bursary: for students with a strong academic background – students are required to work for Eskom for the equal duration of the bursary award.
Eskom Merit Bursary: for students in financial need with a strong academic background – there is no work back obligation with this bursary type.
Scholarships: for dependents or children of Eskom employees – students must have a strong academic background and the Eskom employee must have a minimum of 5 years service.
The bursaries cover the following expenses: registration and tuition fees, accommodation and meal costs, book allowance. The full Eskom bursary also covers: a PC allowance and a vacation allowance.
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements before applying:
- South African citizen
- Valid ID document and ID number
- National Senior Certificate or equivalent
- Willing to undergo an interview and medical exam or health declaration
- Accepted for admission at a recognised tertiary institution (full time studies)
Applicants must have the following minimum academic results before applying:
- Applicants intending to study at University: minimum HG (C) or “5” symbol in English, Mathematics and Physical Science.
- Applicants intending to study at Technikons/ University of Technology: minimum HG (D)/ SG (C) or “4” symbol in English, Mathematics and Physical Science.
- Applicants intending to study at Further Education and Training (FET): minimum HG (E)/ SG (D) or “3” symbol in English, Mathematics and Physical Science.
HOW TO APPLY
Please include the following supporting documents with your application:
- Motivational Letter (affidavit to certify content)
- Copy of ID document
- Latest university or school results
- Proof of enrolment/ acceptance at a tertiary study institution.
Send your complete application form via:
Student Development Department
PO BOX 1091
31 July annually.