FirstRand Laurie Dippenaar Scholarship South Africa
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Lauritz “Laurie” Dippenaar co-founded FirstRand Limited, along with GT Ferreira in 1977, a financial service provider organisation in South Africa. A self-made millionaire banker; investor and businessman, Dippenaar is now the former CEO of the FirstRand financial Group and currently serves the organisation in a non-executive capacity. He is also the Chairman of OUTsurance, Momentum and Discovery and is a qualified Chartered Accounted.
Dippenaar has set up a scholarship programme to help students through their tertiary education.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
This bursary programme is for international postgraduate study to a maximum value of R750 000 per annum, for a maximum duration of 2 years.
The bursary recipient will be required to return to South Africa on completion of their studies, for a minimum duration of 5 years.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Studying towards a postgraduate degree,
- Studying outside of South Africa at any internationally recognised university,
- Have NOT studied outside of the country before,
- Conditionally accepted by your university of choice,
- Excellent academic record.
* Preference will be given to applicants under 35 years old.
The bursary will be awarded based on the following 4 factors: academic excellence, ability to be a destiny change, leadership qualities and community involvement.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://bursaries.firstrand.co.za/
The following documents must be uploaded with your online application:
- Copy of your ID document
- Photo of face
- Copy of your Matric results
- Minimum of 2 references (people whom you have worked under in an academic setting or in another area of interest). Confidential references can be emailed from the referee to: email@example.com and clearly marked with your name (or can accompany your application form).
- A personal statement explaining why you deserve to be awarded this scholarship (max. 1 000 words)
23 February annually
Shortlisted candidates will be informed by April and will be required to attend a final interview in Sandton during April. Final announcement regarding bursary winners will be announced before the end of May.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Beth van Heerden