Flamboyant is an independent school which aims to be the centre of remedial education in Mpumalanga, offering a highly specialised service.
At Flamboyant we aim to assist pupils to realise their full potential in a well structured, caring environment. We aspire to overcome the barriers of learning difficulties, enabling each individual child to become a productive member of society.
On our website you’ll not only find information about our school & what we offer, but also some information on why your child may need to attend a remedial school and if so, how we can help.
Courses Offered At Flamboyant School
What we offer
Flamboyant School caters for pupils with one or other barrier to learning by:
- Small classes – 10:1 in the Foundation Phase, 12:1 in the Senior Primary and Junior Secondary Phase
- Mainstream curriculum with focus on the individual child by repetition, different methods of explaining and teaching
- A multi-disciplinary approach to monitor progress thoroughly and regularly
- A specialised team of Occupational Therapists (helps the child overcome motor or visual problems), Speech Therapists (helps the child overcome auditory or language problems)), Educational Psychologist and Remedial Therapists(re-learning / filling in blocks).
Other activities offered include :
- a full sport programme, including swimming, athletics, cross-country, soccer and netball
- formal music lessons are provided for grades 1-4, while various forms of music and drama is presented to pupils in grades 5-9 in the formal Arts and Culture lessons
- art lessons which have great therapeutic as well as cultural value
- clubs are offered which range from model building to pet care to chess
A pre-requisite for admission into the school is a full psychological assessment and in certain circumstances speech and occupational therapy assessments. Copies of all assessments should be submitted timeously. All pupils and parents will be required to attend interviews with the Head. Flamboyant Assessment Unit can also undertake to do the full battery of assessments. Upon the offer of a place, a deposit must be paid to confirm enrolment at the school.
Fees Structure of Flamboyant School
Finance and fees
Income is derived entirely from school fees and fund-raising drives. We receive no subsidy from the government. It has to be accepted that remedial education with its high teacher – pupil ratio and support services, is expensive. Fees are kept as low as possible while at the same time pitched at a realistic level. A limited number of bursaries are awarded.
A registration fee (non refundable) is payable to the school to secure placement for a child. This fee will be adjusted annually in January to equal the current school fees per month. (R5,800.00)
School fees per month for 11 months of the year:
School fees are payable monthly in advance at the beginning of each month (January to November). School fees for the year amount to R63,800.00. 6% Discount (R3,828.00) allowed if fully paid by 28th February. R5,800.00
Annual stationery fee (photocopies, files, exercise books, etc.) R 700,00
Homework diary R 40,00
Therapy fees per month:
Occupational Therapy (3 sessions/month over 11 months):
Language Therapy (3 sessions/month over 11 months):
School banking details
Flamboyant School, Standard Bank, White River
(053 052) 030 376 343
Reference: Child’s Name and Surname
*Occupational therapy assessment:
– Re-assessment:*Language therapy assessment:
*Psychologist (I.Q.) assessment:
Please note that therapy fees do not form part of school fees but will be debited to the school account and must be paid, together with school fees, to the school.
Therapists send their accounts to parents, reflecting a nil balance, purely for submission to medical aid and not for payment. R2,250.00
Should you have any questions or would just like to get in touch please feel free to contact us
White River, 1240
26 Tom Lawrence Street
(013) 751 3484
(013) 750 1427
(013) 751 2563