The school also has the advantage of the use of the Oude Molen swimming pool, which provides opportunity for lessons for primary school children during school time, with a qualified swimming instructor.
Interaction with the village, and eco-initiatives, along with the rural setting it affords, play an important part in the school’s wider curriculum. Our children are farmers, riders, painters, mathematicians, writers and innovators.
We welcome applications for all our classes but kindly note that some of our classes are full. Please read our
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION FOR ENROLMENT
(Also available to download) This document gives a clear overview of the requirements for applications and an outline of the application and enrolment procedure. Please ensure that all forms are carefully read and completed in full as well as signed and dated where applicable. Please note that all decisions regarding applications lie with the College of Teachers.
Please feel welcome to contact our enrolments facilitator Natheema Jacobs Monday to Friday from 9am to 1pm on (021) 447 0546 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any further queries or should you wish to arrange a visit to the school.
- Complete the application for enrolment form, the financial undertaking and the parent pedagogical contract. Ensure that all forms are signed where applicable.
- Please also include a copy of your most recent salary advice.
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate is required as well as a photograph of your child.
- A fee of R350 must accompany your application. This is not refundable.
- For Primary school applications please include a copy of your child’s most recent report.
- Copies of any relevant medical, remedial or psychological assessments to be included. These will be treated as strictly confidential.
- We reserve the right to contact the current/previous school regarding fee payment history. We cannot accept pupils into the school who are in arrears at a previous school.
Once the above requirements have been met and there is space in the relevant class, you will be invited for an interview with the class teacher as well as a short financial interview.
- Applicants for Class 1 are requested to have a school readiness assessment carried out by an occupational therapist prior to interview. The school will arrange this assessment.
- On completion of interview the teacher will report back to the College of Teachers where the decision will be made to accept or decline. The decision is made based on the needs of the individual child as well as the needs of the class as a whole and whether the teacher feels that she or he is able to meet these needs.
- You will be notified telephonically on the outcome of your application. Upon acceptance you will receive an acceptance letter.
- Primary school applicants may be invited for a short visit in the class prior to final acceptance.
- On acceptance a registration fee of R2880 is due. This is non-refundable.
Download Our Application Form
All forms can be downloaded under FORMS tab
Gaia aims to provide an affordable Waldorf Curriculum to a broad spectrum of children that reflects the unique and diverse aspects of our South African culture.Fees can be paid by cheque, stop order or deposited directly into the Schools bank account.