HCI (Hosken Consolidated Investments) Foundation Bursary South Africa
ABOUT THE BURSAR
HCI (Hosken Consolidated Investments) Limited is a BEE investment holding organisation, with majority share of the Clothing and Textile Workers Union in South Africa. HCI Limited also has investments in the following sectors in South Africa: media and broadcasting; gaming; hotel and leisure; manufacturing; mining; transport and properties.
The HCI Foundation is the social investment programme of HCI Limited, whose vision is to uplift all South Africans, so that they can have a better quality of life. Their goal is to make an impact on underprivileged and underdeveloped communities through partnership with stakeholders. The Foundation’s focus is on education, from early childhood development to tertiary education.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
HCI Foundation are awarding partial bursary programmes to deserving students who intend on studying at public institutions in South Africa. The bursary will cover up 75% of the tuition fees (to a maximum of R26 000). No allowances will be provided for books, residence, living expenses, meals or transport.
Please ensure that you meet the requirements before applying:
- South African citizens/ refugee/ asylum seekers in South Africa,
- Age 35 years or under on 30 September (of the year of application),
- Current HCI Foundation bursary holder,
- Will be in your first year of study in the following year,
- Will study at a public University or University of Technology in South Africa,
- Minimum average of 55% for Matric or year end results,
- Gross family income of less than R20 000 per month.
HOW TO APPLY
1) Register an account at: http://bursary.hcifoundation.co.za.
Once you have created your account, login at: http://bursary.hcifoundation.co.za/Admin/Account/Login.
2) Complete the online application form, which consists of 4 sections:
- Personal details
- Family details
- Details of proposed study for the upcoming year
- Parents’ employment details
3) Submit the following supporting documents:
- Copy of ID
- Proof of family income/ affidavit of unemployment
- Proof of grant
* your application form and all supporting documents must be submitted before 30 September.
Supporting documents can be scanned and uploaded to your application online or posted to us at:
4) Submit your year end results:
Your matric or year end results must be sent to us via: email/ fax/ post before 1 January.
The bursary applicant will be selected and informed by 7 March (of the year of study).
30 September annually (applications open on 1 August).
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Tel: 021 424 6010