Humana People to People South Africa (HPP-SA) Latest Job 2019
Humana People to People South Africa (HPP-SA) is a registered South African non-profit company and non-profit organization founded in 1995 with the mission of empowering the poor to lift themselves out of poverty and contribute to the development of their own communities. It works within the thematic areas of health; community development; food security; youth development, education and early child hood development. Today, HPPSA employs over 917 people in 5 provinces (Gauteng, Limpopo, Mpumalanga and KwaZulu-Natal and Eastern Cape) and reaches over 500,000 people each year.
Humana People to People in South Africa seeks to recruit a Chief of Party, based in Johannesburg on a 5-year contract.
Job Position: Chief of Party
Project Name: HPPSA OVC Program
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Type: Regular/Full Time
Salary: R50 000 – R80 000PM (NO benefits)
Reports to: Director of Operations
Chief of Party
S/he will have overall responsibility for administration, program management, performance monitoring and technical implementation and oversight of all aspects of the activity. S/he will serve as the principal institutional liaison to USAID/SA and should be expected to have regular and transparent communication with the USAID/SA Agreement Officer’s Representative (AOR).
Overall responsibility for a large scale community mobilization program on HIV/AIDS focused on improving the health and wellbeing of OVC, adolescents and youth who are living with, affected by and vulnerable to HIV. The Chief of Party will provide operational, financial, and management leadership to the program, as well as ensuring the program complies with all donor requirements and regulations, including submission of deliverables as required. S/he will be responsible for ensuring the program achieves its targets within the allocated budget and timeframe.
Key Performance Areas:
- Provide overall technical and management leadership and financial and administrative oversight, including managing partner relations and ensuring technical and managerial excellence;
- Key stakeholder and donor engagement and relationship management, including representation of HPPSA at events
- Develop and manage project resources and finances per the implementation plan and within approved budgets, ensuring appropriate internal controls, processes, and procedures Foster an enabling environment that promotes local ownership and project sustainability
- Lead the development and implementation of the project work plans and program evaluations in collaboration with the Strategic Information Manager;
- Assure the quality and timeliness of evaluations, training curricula and reports and other deliverables in collaboration with technical support staff;
- Oversee a team of multi-disciplinary staff, including coaching and mentorship of program teams
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Health Administration, Management, Social Work, or Business Administration with a focus on public health, social sciences, or related field. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility designing, implementing, managing and leading large development involving multiple partners, stakeholders, and geographic target areas in a developing country;
- A minimum of 5 years’ prior experience as a Chief of Party or similar leadership role of a large program or activity funded by PEPFAR
- Previous experience in programming for OVCY and/or vulnerable populations living with or impacted by HIV/AIDS preferred
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience to establish and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience to liaise with senior government officials, dignitaries, executives of NGOs, FBOs, CBOs, and the for-profit business community, and senior members of the donor community
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience leading a technical activity through evidence and data driven decision making.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English.
For more about Humana People to People in South Africa, refer to www.hpp-sa.org
Applicants must email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 18th Feb, 2019