Internship Programme at Stats SA 2017/18
Stats SA invites applications for 2017/18 Internship opportunities in various fields of study. Stats SA provides scientific knowledge that enables society to understand complex socio-economic phenomena. It draws its mandate from the Statistics Act, 1999 (Act No 6 of 1999).
Refeence Number:. No. 01/01/17HO
To qualify for the Internship Programme, you must:
- Be an unemployed graduate aged between 20 and 35 years
- Have completed a degree/National Diploma (NQF 6) or Honours/Master’s degree in the under-mentioned disciplines/fields of study from accredited institutions of Higher Learning
- Be a South African citizen
- Not have participated previously in an internship in the Public Service.
Stats SA provides Internship in the following fields of study for 2017/18
- Statistics – Economics/Econometrics/Statistics/Social Sciences/ Mathematical Statistics/Demography (Head Office, Western Cape, Eastern Cape, Limpopo, Northern Cape, KwaZulu-Natal)
- Economics – Economics/Econometrics/Statistics/Accounting/ Finance (Head Office, KwaZulu-Natal Demography – Population Studies/Demography/Statistics/ Development Studies (Head Office, Western Cape, KwaZulu-Natal)
- Geography – Geography/Geomatics/GIS/Environmental Studies (Head Office, Western Cape, Limpopo, – Northern Cape, KwaZulu-Natal)
- System Development and Analysis/ICT – Information Technology/Computer Science/Financial Information Systems/Programming/Software Development/Networking (Head Office, Western Cape, Free State, Limpopo, Northern Cape)
- Supply Chain Management – Supply Chain Management/Purchasing Management (Head Office, Western Cape, Eastern Cape, Limpopo, KwaZulu-Natal)
- Logistics – Logistics Management/Transport Management/ Transport Economics (Head Office, Eastern Cape, Free State, Limpopo, Northern Cape, KwaZulu-Natal)
- HR – Human Resource Management/Industrial Psychology (Head Office, Eastern Cape, Free State, KwaZulu-Natal)
- Finance – Financial Management/Accounting Sciences/ Accounting/Cost and Management Accounting/ Financial Accounting/Auditing (Head Office, Western Cape, Eastern Cape, Free State, Limpopo, KwaZulu-Natal)
- Governance (Risk Management; Fraud and Compliance; Governance and Policy Unit) – Risk Management/Accounting/Internal Audit/Policing/ Fraud and Investigation/Investigation/Forensic at Head Office
- Legal – LLB (Head Office)
- Social Science – Social Sciences (Eastern Cape)
- Marketing and Communication – Communications/Communication Sciences/Media Studies/Marketing (Head Office, Free State, Northern Cape)
- Internal Audit – Internal Auditing/Accounting/Finance (Head Office)
- A three-year tertiary qualification (NQF 6) in the above-mentioned fields. Applicants that still need to finish or qualify for a degree or National Diploma should not apply.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Closing date is 27 January 2017
Stats SA endeavours to promote the careers of previously disadvantaged persons by applying the principles of appropriate legislation, e.g. Employment Equity Act, 1998
Via – Stats SA