JB Marks Education Trust Fund Bursary South Africa.
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The J. B. Marks Education Trust Fund was founded in 1997 by the National Union of Mineworkers (NUM).
The NUM was formed in 1982, and since its inception, has always been passionate about the well-being of its members’ health, safety and education. The NUM also strongly believe in Adult Basic Education training programmes for their employees, hence the creation of the JB Marks Education Trust Fund Bursary Scheme.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries are awarded each year to student who are members or officials of the NUM and their dependants.
The bursary will cover the following expenses: registration fees, tuition, bridging courses, examination fees, prescribed textbooks, accommodation in residence and meals.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- Paid up member or official of the National Union of Mineworkers (NUM) OR a former member or official of the NUM (now retired/ disabled/ retrenched),
- Dependant of a deceased member or official of the NUM,
- Immediate family member of a member or official of the NUM,
In one of the following education levels:
- Tertiary student: studying towards a Degree/ Diploma/ Postgraduate qualification,
- High school student: in Grade 10 to Matric.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be done online at: http://www.jbmarksedutrust.co.za/index.php/jb-marks-trust-fund/new-bursary-form
You will be required to attach the following items in your online application:
- ID document (certified copy),
- NUM member or official’s ID document (certified copy),
- NUM member or official’s latest payslip,
- Latest academic results (certified copy),
- Academic acceptance letter confirming that the student is enrolled in studies.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Tel: 011 492 0601
Fax: 011 492 0953