Mangosuthu University of Technology Human Resource Management
Head of Department Thembi Ethel Kotelana
Telephone (0)31 907 7287
Department Secretary Bongiwe Dludla
Secretary Telephone (0)31 907 7234
Secretary Email firstname.lastname@example.org
VISIONThe Department of Human Resource Management will provide the highest quality education to our students in the areas of Human Resource Management, Entrepreneurship, Management and Logistics or Supply Chain Management.
This will be achieved by:
- Systematically encouraging staff to improve their personal qualifications.
- Undertaking research, which identifies small business opportunities within the community with the aim of creating jobs and stimulating entrepreneurial activity amongst the unemployed.
- Undertaking relevant research projects within the community, which aim to assist SMMEs in developing sound human resource practices.
- To collaborate with industry experts in curriculum development, to ensure the most relevant, up-to-date subjects and assessment points.
- To cooperate with other institutions in curriculum development to ensure students have credits, which are portable and articulated.
- To ensure our programmes are consistently aligned with industry requirements in order to produce graduates who are not only employable, but also desirable.
PURPOSE OF THE COURSE
This course covers all the necessary activities involved in the provision and maintenance of human resources within an organisation. This includes recruitment, payroll management, human resource development and organisational development to name a few. Graduating students will have the requisite knowledge to easily join organisations as Skills Development Facilitators (SDFs) Employee Assistance Plan Managers (EAPs) and in many other human resource management positions.
National Diploma: HRM
National Senior Certificate with rating scores:
English Home Language (3) or English Additional Language (4), Mathematical Literacy (3) and/or Accounting (3).
Total minimum rating score = 22
LIST OF SUBJECT EQUIVALENCES
National Diploma in Human Resource Management or equivalent qualification with Industrial Psychology 111 or Human Resource Management 111.
DURATION OF STUDY
National Diploma: HRM
Three years full-time study.
Four to eight years part-time study.
Evening classes are offered in those subjects where there is sufficient demand.
One year full-time study.
Two years part-time study.
CURRICULUM â SUBJECTS
Business Management I, II, III, Human Resource Management I, II, III, Human Resource Development I, II, Employee Relations I, II, English: Language, Labour Law, End-user computing and Accounting for Personnel Practitioners or Quantitative techniques.
Advanced Human Resource Management IV, Advanced Human Resource Development IV, Advanced Strategic Management IV, Advanced Employee relations IV, Organisational Behaviour IV and Research Methodology.
Minimum score of 50% for all the subjects.
WORK INTEGRATED LEARNING
Work Integrated Learning (WIL) is not a compulsory component of the current HRM programme, but new programmes which will be phased-in in 2014 will incorporate the WIL component.
Departmental Telephone (0)31-907 7234 / 907 7287
Departmental fax (0)31 907 7258