Academically, Maritzburg College is one of the leading boys’ schools, both in the province and nationally. Consistent with the school’s ethos of striving for excellence, a high academic standard is nurtured and maintained. We also hold our own internationally, having produced a Fulbright Scholar and several Rhodes Scholars
Courses Offered At Maritzburg College
We offer a wide range of subjects, including Mathematics, Mathematical Literacy, Life Orientation, English, Afrikaans, isiZulu, History, Geography, Physical Science, Life Sciences, Economics, Accounting, Business Studies, IT, Computer Applications Technology, Graphic Engineering and Design, Visual Arts, Dramatic Arts and Music.
ENGINEERING GRAPHICS & DESIGN
Maritzburg College Application
Please download and complete the application form below:
Once the application form has been downloaded and completed, and all supporting documentation gathered, please hand deliver your application to the school, OR post to:
Maritzburg College School Fees
The school fees excludes the acceptance deposit, are made up as follows:
- Tuition for Form 2 (Grade 8) Dayboys, including the differential rate, is R51 000
- Tuition for Form 3 to 6 (Grade 9 to 12) Dayboys is R47 640
- Boarding for Form 2 (Grade 8), including the differential rate, R126 360 (R75 360 boarding fee + R51 000 tuition fee)
- Boarding for Form 3 to 6 (Grade 9 to 12) R119 540 (R71 900 boarding fee + R47 640 tuition fee)
Due to investment in HR and IT, and significant Capex expansion in the Boarding Establishment, there is a differential fee for the Form 2 (Grade 8) intake.
Maritzburg College Scholarships
Maritzburg College awards a limited number of Scholarships for excellence in Academics, Culture and Sport. In all cases, the potential candidates are selected, solely at the discretion of the school, according to the following criteria:
- Academic scholarships are awarded to a select few of the top achievers in Mathematics and English. These awards are based on the Grade 6 December report and the results of the Maritzburg College Scholarship Exam (written by invitation only).
- Cultural scholarships are usually awarded retrospectively, based on the learner’s commitment and cultural talent evident during his Grade 8 (Form 2) year.
- Sporting scholarships are awarded to a select few talented boys who are performing at a provincial (or higher) level. We take into account the information parents provide on the application forms, the confidential questionnaires received from the primary schools and, in particular, the recommendations of our Admissions PRO, based on his observations at primary school matches, regional trials and competitions.
- Every application is assessed in terms of the above criteria and parents, therefore, should not apply for scholarships at Maritzburg College.
The School will contact parents whose sons are awarded these scholarships.
The Admissions Secretary – Maritzburg College
PO Box 398
Letters acknowledging receipt of applications will be posted, and these will also provide further details regarding the admissions process. No application fee is payable. However, an acceptance deposit will be payable if your son is accepted.