Mitchell’s Plain Bursary and Role Model Trust South Africa
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The Mitchell’s Plain Bursary and Role Model Trust was launched on Youth Day (16 June) in 2011, at Spine Road High School.
The aim of the Trust is to produce leaders and role models within the Mitchell’s Plain community – to financially assist deserving students with their tertiary funding.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The Mitchell’s Plain Bursary and Role Model Trust provides financial assistance for registration and tuition fees (up to a certain amount). Bursaries will be awarded within all fields of study.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Reside in the Mitchell’s Plain suburb (within Cape Town, Western Cape),
- Currently in Matric at a Mitchell’s Plain high school OR a current bursary recipient of the Trust,
- Intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institution within the Western Cape (University of Cape Town/ University of the Western Cape/ University of Stellenbosch/ Cape Peninsula University of Technology/ FET colleges),
- Achieve high academic results,
- In financial need.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be done online at: http://mpbursarytrust.org.za/bursary-application-form/ (from 1 October annually).
Students will be required to upload the following supporting documentation to the online application:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Grade 11 final (end of year) results,
- Matric mid-year and September results,
- Certificates of achievements (sport/ community services/ extra murals),
- Letter of support by school principal (on school letterhead),
- Motivational letter (written by the applicant explaining why they deserve to be awarded the bursary),
- Proof of application to tertiary institution (application receipt from tertiary institution),
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed, sworn affidavit if unemployed, death certificate if deceased),
- Proof of residence (parent/ guardian rates account or sworn affidavit),
30 November annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact: