National Disaster Management Centre (NDMC) Bursary South Africa
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The National Disaster Management Centre (NDMC) are responsible for promoting a system of Disaster Management, especially focused on prevention and mitigation by Municipal, Provincial and National organs of state and other role players and communities. The NDMC is part of the Department of Provincial and Local Government.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The NDMC Bursary is intended for those who wish to obtain a qualification in the Disaster Risk Science and Management field.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Achieved a minimum pass mark of 60% for all subjects in Matric (if you are already studying at tertiary level, you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60% in Matric)
- Currently studying (or accepted to study) towards a disaster risk science and management qualification
- Currently studying (or accepted to study) at a recognised institution of higher learning in South Africa
- Proven financial need
*Please note that preference will be given to disadvantaged students
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the NDMC Bursary Application Form (pdf).
Alternatively, you can download an application form from the National Disaster Management Centre website (www.ndmc.gov.za) or collect a copy from one of the Provincial Disaster Management Centres.
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Current tertiary students: past years academic results (on tertiary letterhead)
- Proof of current enrolment or acceptance into a tertiary institution
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve to be awarded the bursary and your future career ambitions
- Brief Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of residence
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips/ affidavit if students does not have one or both parents)
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted to:
The Senior Manager Disaster Risk Management
Education, Training, Awareness and Research
Private Bag X 804
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Ms. M Macheli: DRMETAR / Ms. M Lekalakala
Tel: 012 848 4614 / 012 848 4616
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com