North West University Bangladesh
North Western University, Khulna the first full-fledged private university in Khulna, Bangladesh was established on the 18th November, 2012. The University Started Academic Activities from Spring Semester, 2013.
The Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh approved the establishment of North Western University under Private University Act. 2010.
The University started its activities with 4 Faculties,12 Departments, 67 full-time teachers, 61 part-time teachers and 489 students. At present the University consists of 4 Faculties, 14 Departments. The number of students and teachers have risen to about 3400 and 140 respectively.
The first fresh admission classes had 489 students enrolled in 12 Departments: Business Administration 62 students, BA Hons in English 9 students, MA in English 5 students, LLB 51 students, MBA-1 Year 27 students, EMBA 31 students, MBA-2 Year 11 students, MDS 7 students, Computer Science & Engineering 92 students, Electrical & Electronic Engineering 150 students, Civil Engineering 84 students.
The University is on 236, M.A Bari Road, Khulna 9100. It has two commercial buildings with one administrative buildings.
- Administration Building.
- Engineering Building.
- Faculty of Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) – in
- Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE)
- Civil Engineering (CE)
- Business Studies
- Business Studies
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Master of Business Administration (Regular-2 years) (MBA)
- Master of Business Administration (Regular-1 year for BBA holders) (MBA)
- Master of Business Administration for Executives (Regular-16 Months) (EMBA)
- Arts & Human Science
- Social Science
- Bachelor of Social Science (BSS) in Sociology
- Bachelor of Social Science (BSS) in Economics
- Master of Social Science (MSS) in Economics
- Master of Development Studies (MDS)
The academic year of the university incorporates two regular semesters (Spring and Fall) and one short semester (Summer). The duration of each regular semester is 14/16 weeks and the duration of summer semester is 10/12 weeks.
- Spring Semester: January to April
- Summer Semester: May to August
- Fall Semester: September to December
Scholarship and waiver for undergraduate programs
100% tution waiver – GPA Golden 5.00 in SSC & HSC/ Equi.
75% tuition waiver – GPA 5.00 in SSC& HSC/ Equi.
50% tuition waiver – GPA 4.90-<5.00 in SSC& HSC/ Equi.
30% tuition waiver – GPA 4.75-<4.90 in SSC& HSC/ Equi.
20% tuition waiver – GPA 4.50-<4.75 in SSC& HSC/ Equi.
10% tuition waiver – GPA 4.25-<4.50 in SSC& HSC/ Equi.
10% tuition waiver for Diploma holder students.