North West University Department of Agriculture
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE, SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
A warm welcome to our fast growing Faculty of Agriculture, ScienceandTechnology (FAST).
I would like to thank you for choosing programmes in FAST and assure you that you have made the right choice.In FAST,we are committed to serve our communities through training and development of competent scientists who will be able to address the ever changing and challenging needs of our country SouthAfrica and Internationally.This website gives you a summary of programmes and the necessary information about the faculty. It is important to acquaint yourselves with the contents to ensure that you know what FAST is all about.
FAST is madeup of four(4) schools namely;
- School of Agricultural Sciences,
- School of Environmental and Health Sciences
- School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences and
- School of Research and Postgraduate Studies
FAST hosts three (3) centres namely;
- Centre for Animal Health Studies,
- Centre for Applied Radiation Science and Technology (CARST)
- Centre for Indigenous Knowledge Systems (IKS)
FAST hosts two (2) research entities namely;
- Food Security and Safety in the North West Province (Niche Area) and
- Material Science Innovation and Modelling (Focus Area)
- Lifestyle Diseases(Niche Area)
We want to urge you to commit yourself and we will endeavor to provide you with the necessary support to ensure that you achieve your goals within record time. We have staff members who are committed to serve you even on a one to one basis if you make an appointment. Have a swell time going through our faculty website.
Prof Helen Tuckey Drummond
Acting Dean, Faculty of Agriculture, Science & Technology.