PWC Vacation Employment
Why not get your career going with an early start at PwC? Our Vacation programmes for Accounting students often lead to training contracts. You have a great opportunity to make sure of your future right now.
What is Vacation Employment?
Vacation programmes or “Vac” programmes are offered twice a year in all our major offices. They happen once in June/July and again between November and February. Vac programmes offer you real-life work experience. You can actually see and feel what it’s like to work for a professional services firm. It’s an interesting interactive programme.
What happens in Vac programmes?
Students spend between one and two weeks working at PwC. If you are invited for vacation work for the first time, you will share in our induction week. This will help you to understand PwC and what it’s like to work in auditing. If you are invited for vac work again, you will work with one of our audit teams. You will also work at the site – probably the offices – of one of our clients. You will therefore have hands-on experience because you will complete some sections of your team’s work. This is also an opportunity to move from theory to practice.
Our induction week is well known for being an exciting experience where you will learn a lot. You will definitely remember it, partly because it’s so much fun! If you attend our induction course you will know a lot more about the firm. You will certainly know more about what it is like to work in auditing. Students who met at induction week have often remained friends for the rest of their lives.
If you attend our vacation induction course you can expect a very interesting experience:
- An introduction to PricewaterhouseCoopers, and a general understanding of the firm
- Team-building exercises
- An introduction to our audit methodology
- A visit to a client
- A fun afternoon out
- Opportunities to meet PwC managers and partners
The benefits of attending Vac programmes:
- You will apply some of the theoretical knowledge you have covered at university, but now in a practical setting.
- You will know what it is like to work at PwC
- The Vac programme gives students the opportunity to meet and interact with students from other universities.
- You will start to build up a network of contacts in the firm.
- The Vac programme definitely gives you a broader understanding of auditing concepts. Many students have told us that this has helped them with their studies.
Will I be paid for the Vac programme?
Student rates are set within the industry, and they will vary according to region.
Who can apply for Vacation Employment?
Any student who is studying for a BCom in Accounting, a B Compt, a Bachelor of Accountancy, or a Business Science degree leading to a qualification as a CA (SA) at any southern African university accredited by SAICA.
Vacation work is a great opportunity for you to learn more about PwC and to experience our culture first hand.