SA Maths and Science Teacher Intern Programme (SAMSTIP) Bursary South Africa.
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The formerly known ISASA “Mathematics and English (M&E)” Programme is now called the “South African Maths and Science Teacher Intern Programme (SAMSTIP)”.
SAMSTIP together with the Department of Basic Education and Investec are offering bursary awards to students training to teach within the Senior and Further Education and Training (FET) field.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The bursary will cover the following expenses: UNISA tuition fees, prescribed textbooks.
The bursary will cover one of the following UNISA degrees:
- 4 year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) qualification
- 1 year postgraduate (PGCE) qualification
Over and above the bursary award, students will be given the following opportunities: training at public schools and at ISASA, provided with teaching and learning resources and technology, mentorship from qualified school teachers, academic enrichment programme.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Students who wish to qualify as teachers in the Senior and Further Education and Training (FET) field, specialising in Mathematics and the Science,
- Completed Matric (with an exemption/ B pass) and a minimum of 60% for English, Mathematics and Life Science/ Physical Science, OR
- Current tertiary student with credits for Mathematics and Life Science/ Physical Science, OR
- Graduates with majors in Mathematics or Life Science/ Physical Science.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be done online via the following link: http://www.mathsenglish.org/intern-application-form
Please be sure to download and read the SAMSTIP Bursary FAQ’s (pdf) before applying
15 June annually.