Safety In Society – Buffalo City TVET College NCV Programme
SAFETY IN SOCIETY
This is a qualification at each Levels 2, 3 and 4 of the NQF. It is designed to provide both theory practice of Safety in Society
The practical component of the study may be offered in a real workplace environment or in a simulated workplace environment. It will provide students with an opportunity to experience work situations during the period of study.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- For entry to the National Certificate Safety in Society at NQF Level 2 you are required:
- A year end school report for grade 9, 10, 11 or 12, or
- An NQF Level 1 qualification, or
- An approved bridging programme design for the specific purpose to access NQF Level 2, or
- A Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessment to meet the basic requirements for access to NQF Level 2, and be
- A minimum age of 17 years (maximum 215 years)
The National Certificate Safety in Society is a full year programme at each of the NQF Level of study.
A student is issued with a certificate on the successful completion of each level of study, that is, Level 2, Level 3 and Level 4.
Subjects That Makes Up A National Certificate Safety in Society
In order to obtain a National Certificate Safety in Society, a student is required to study a total of 7 subjects. These include 3 fundamental subjects and 4 vocational subjects.
The 3 fundamental subjects are:
- Language – which must be the language of teaching and learning
- Mathemat5ical Literacy
- Life Orientation
The v are:
- Criminal Law and Procedure
- Criminal Justice System
- Policing Practice
These subjects are offered at each at each of the different NQF level of study in the National Certificate Safety in Society
The holder of the National Certificate Safety in Society will be able to:
- Join the Police Services (SAPS), Metropolitan Agencies (Metro Police), Traffic Agencies and the Military Police Division
- Join the Private Security Services e.g. Security Management, Community Policing and the South African National Defense Force
- Join the National Statutory Intelligence Agencies
The holder of the National Certificate Safety in Society will be able to have access to careers in any of these sectors below:
- South African Police Services and Metro Policing
- Security and Surveillance
- Private Security
- Community Policing
- National Intelligence
- Legal Assistance
- Work in Community Structures
- SA Defense Force
- Immigration and Customs
- Work in a Civil Rights environment
- Criminal Justice environment
Prospective students can apply at the beginning of each year.
Application forms will be available at the General Office at each campus.
Full Time NCV Courses
Application fee (new students only) and class fees are payable on registration.
All NEW applications must be accompanied by:
- Certified copy of latest school report / statement of result / Grade 9 or higher / GET Certificate / ABET Level 4 Certificate / N1 / A Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessment to meet the requirements for access
- 3 certified copies of ID of Learner
- 3 certified copies of ID of Parent/Legal Guardian
- One ID size photo
Class Fees are payable as a minimum initial payment (MIP) and monthly payments thereafter for courses.
Men’s and Women’s Residence
Enquiries: The Hostel Manger
Tel (043) 722 8416
Please note: Students may only apply for residence once they have been accepted for a full-time programme.