Saldanha Bay Municipality Bursary South Africa.
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Located on the West Coast of South Africa, the Saldanha Bay Municipality forms part of the West Coast District Municipality. The Municipality covers an area of more than 2000 square kilometers, with a coastline of over 230 kilometers.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The Saldanha Bay Municipality will be awarding bursaries to 3 students, to a maximum value of R50 000 per student.
The bursary will cover students who intend to study toward a Bachelor’s degree, majoring in Financial Accounting.
Once students have successfully completed their studies, they will be required to enrol in the Saldanha Bay Municipality internship program.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently writing Matric final exams
- Studied Mathematics in Matric (not Mathematical Literacy)
- Achieved a minimum average of 65% OR a minimum average of 60% with a minimum average of 70% for Mathematics
- Accepted or pending acceptance to study at a University (University of Technology students should not apply)
- Accepted to study full-time towards a Financial Accounting Bachelors’ degree
*Preference will be given to students whose parents reside within the Municipality’s municipal area, as well as those from previously disadvantaged backgrounds, and those with disabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the Saldanha Bay Municipality Bursary Application Form (pdf).
Alternatively, you may collect an application form from the Municipality’s Human Resource Management offices (from 08:00 to 16:30 on weekdays).
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results (certified copy)
- Matric results (third term) (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- University acceptance or provisional acceptance letter (send as soon as received)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- ID documents of dependents on family income (certified copies)
- Parent/ guardian proof of address
- Affidavit of guardianship if not living with parents
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (payslip or bank statements if unemployed)
- Motivational letter (further details can be found on the application form)
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted to:
Human Resource Services
Private Bag X12
31 January annually