South African National Defence Force (SANDF) Reserve System Code of Conduct
I pledge to serve and defend my country and its people in accordance with the Constitution and the law and with honour, dignity, courage and integrity.
• I serve in the SANDF with loyalty and pride, and as a citizen and a volunteer.
• I respect the democratic political process and civil control of the SANDF.
• I will not advance or harm the interests of any political party or organisation.
• I will not advance or harm the interests of any political party or organisation
• I will obey all lawful commands and respect all superiors.
• I will refuse to obey an obviously illegal order.
• I will carry out my mission with courage and assist my comrades-in-arms, even at the risk of my own life.
• I will treat all people fairly and respect their rights and dignity at all times, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, culture, language and sexual orientation.
• I will respect and support subordinates and treat them fairly.
• I will report criminal activity, corruption and misconduct to the appropriate authority.
• I will strive to improve the capabilities of the SANDF by maintaining discipline, safeguarding property, developing skills and knowledge, and performing my duties diligently and professionally.