School Of Business – Buffalo City TVET College NCV Programme
EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT
The National Certificate Education and Development is an Education and Development qualification at Levels 2, 3 and 4 of the NQF. This qualification is designed to provide both the theory and practice of Education and Development. The practical component of study may be offered in a real workplace
Minimum Entry Requirement
For entry into the National Certificate Education and Development at NQF Level 2, you require:
- A year-end report for Grades 9, 10, 11 or 12 or an
- An NQF Level 1 qualification, or
- An approved bridging programme designed for the specific purpose of accessing NQF Level 2, or
- A Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessment to meet the basic requirements for access to NQF Level 2.
Duration Of Qualification
The National Certificate Education and Development is a full year programme at each of the NQF levels of study. A student is issued with a certificate upon successfully completing each level of study, that is, Level 2, Level 3 and Level 4.
Subjects That Makes Up A National Education And Development
In order to obtain a National Certificate Education and Development, a student is required to study a total of 7 subjects. These include 3 fundamental subjects and 4 vocational subjects, of which 3 are compulsory and 1 is optional.
The 3 fundamental subjects are:
- Language, which must be the language of teaching and learning
- Mathematics/Mathematical literacy
- Life Orientation
Vocational Subjects In Education And Development
The vocational subjects in Education and Development are:
- Human and Social Development
- Psychology of Learning
- Art and Science of Teaching
- Early Childhood Development
These subjects are offered at each of the different NQF Levels of study in the National Certificate Education and Development qualification.
- Visits to Educare Centres
- Practical’s at Pre-Schools and Educare Centres
- Community Projects, i.e collecting soft toys for underprivileged Educare Centres
- Valuable experience in Simulated Enterprises on College Campuses.
The National Certificate Education and Development provides an opportunity to access careers in any of the sectors listed below.
- Employment in Educare Centres
- Assistance in Pre Schools
- Employment in Community Centers
- Employment in various Community Projects
- Self Employment