South African Association for Food Science and Technology (SAAFoST) Foundation Bursary
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The South African Association for Food Science and Technology (SAAFoST) Foundation is aimed at increasing the knowledge of Food Science and Technology in the country. The SAAFoST support scientific research, educational activities, exhibitions, seminars, meetings, workshops, congresses and publishing papers.
The SAAFoST currently has approximately 2000 members across Southern Africa.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded to students pursuing studies in the Food Science and Technology field. Bursaries will be awarded to students in their second year and onward.
The bursary award will cover tuition fees (up to an amount of R30 000/ annum).
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen/ permanent resident (for a minimum period of 3 years prior to application),
- A member of the SAAFoST (for a minimum period of 12 months prior to application),
- Currently studying full-time within the Food Science and Technology field (undergraduate degree/ diploma),
- Achieved high academic results in current studies,
- Will complete the qualification in the specified time period: 3 years for a Diploma or Undergraduate Degree & 4 years for a B. Tech Degree.
HOW TO APPLY
The latest application form can be downloaded from: http://www.saafost.org.za/CareersBursariesGrants/Bursaries/FromSAAFoST/SAAFoSTUndergraduateBursary/SAAFoSTUndergraduateBursary.asp
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Passport sized photo (head & shoulders),
- Latest academic record (certified copy),
- Proof of tertiary registration,
- Personal Statement (details on the application form),
- Reference Letter (details on the application form).
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Fax: 086 698 4784
*Please note, the application pack must ALSO be posted to:
The SAAFoST Membership Development Officer
PO Box 35233
15 January annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Tel: 012 349 2788