Store Manager Job in Cape Town, Vredenburg March 2017
Rage – Store Manager Job in Cape Town, Vredenburg March 2017
|Remuneration:||negotiable Basic salary|
|Benefits:||Medical Aid, Provident Fund|
|Location:||Cape Town, Vredenburg|
Rage has an opportunity for a store manager/supervisor to take on the responsibility of one of our stores in Vredenburg.
This store is in need of an achievement-orientated person with excellent customer service and people management skills.
Two years’ experience as a store manager will be advantageous.
The position requires the candidate to have retail experience in women’s fashion, a flair for visual merchandising and a good head for figures and administration.
- Leadership skills: you will have to keep your employees motivated, resolve conflicts and make hard decisions for your employees. A successful store manager is a good leader.
- Time management: you will be working with employees, customers and management. Time management is essential to make sure everything gets done.
- Decision-making skills: the buck stops with you. Whether it is dealing with employees, customers, management or vendors, you will have to make decisions that affect the company. Having the ability to make hard and fast decisions is crucial to your success.
- Speaking and writing: store managers do a lot of communicating. This might be one-on-one to a customer, in front of a group of employees, or in a meeting with management. You might be called upon to write reports, recommendations, or reasons for termination. Great verbal communications and writing skills will help you in any of these scenarios.
- Customer service skills: customers are going to ask to speak to the manager. How you interact with customers is crucial for repeat business, employee morale and the health of your company. Great customer service skills will help you solve issues before they become problems, and help create customer loyalty.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to work under pressure
- Analysing and problem-solving skills
- Strong time-management skills
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrable leadership and management qualities
- Retail savvy
- Leading from the front
- Great communicator
- Relishes the detail
- Love for the customer
Fax 011 608 6858