Sun International Bursary South Africa.
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Sun International is a chain of hotel resorts and casinos established by South African businessman, Sol Kerzner. Sun International has initiated a programme to invest in tertiary education – the Sun International Community Development Trust.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded to students within the Hospitality and Leisure sector, but more specifically the following fields:
- Hotel Management
- Food & Beverage
- Human Resources
- Sport and Recreation
- Sales and Marketing
- Finance (Accounting)
- Information Technology
- Electrical Engineering (TVET level)
- Plumbing (TVET level)
Applicants must meet the following minimal criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Studying or intending on studying in one of the aforementioned fields (degree/ diploma/ certificate),
- Studying or intending on studying at a recognised South Africa University/ University of Technology/ TVET College.
HOW TO APPLY
Eligible students must apply online at: http://www.studietrust.co.za (between 1 May and 30 September annually).
The following documents will be required to support your online application:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Parents/ guardians/ spouse proof of income (employment letter/ payslips) (certified copy),
- A letter about your life (written by the applicant themselves),
- Parents/ guardians/ friends may write recommendation letters,
- Two testimonials (one from an education official – principal or lecturer and the other one by a community leader),
- Current tertiary students must add: Matric results certificate (certified copy) AND Latest tertiary results (certified copy),
- Applicants who are not currently studying: include your most recent exam results (certified copy) and a letter explaining what you are doing in the current year.
30 September annually