The Ahmed Kathrada Foundation 2019 Job Opening
The Ahmed Kathrada Foundation was formed in 2008 to continue the legacy of anti-apartheid struggle stalwart Ahmed Kathrada and his generation. The Foundation is an independent, non-partisan entity. Kathrada, a former Robben Island prisoner, served 26 years in jail alongside his fellow Rivonia Trialists for their stance against the apartheid government. Kathrada’s life has been characterised by his commitment to the best values and principles of the South African liberation struggle, particularly that of non-racialism.
Job Title: Youth Activism Programme Manager
- To develop and implement a programme of youth activism development through the establishment of community youth clubs. The Ahmed Kathrada Foundation (AKF) aims to establish a minimum of 10 such clubs per year over a 10-year period.
Duties and responsibilities
- Development and implementation of a youth activism development strategy for the AKF;
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the programme of establishment of youth clubs;
- Coordinate the implementation of activism and the youth mobilisation dimension of campaigns and programmes initiated and/or supported by the AKF;
- To ensure that the youth clubs and their members undergo a programme of political education and training;
- To establish the necessary support programmes for the overall well-being of the members of the clubs;
- To mobilise resources for the programme;
- To build the required networks and support systems to ensure the sustainability of the programme.
Skills and knowledge required
- Knowledge of social justice issues and youth activism;
- Good administrative, analytical, writing, facilitation and presentation skills;
- Programme and project planning and management;
- Financial management skills;
- Ability to lead projects and programmes;
- Ability to write proposals, presentations and reports;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- A valid driver’s licence.
- The applicant must have, as a minimum, a bachelor’s degree. This must preferably be in the social sciences area.
The applicant must be committed to advancing and deepening non-racialism.
Salary Range: R360 000 per annum (all-inclusive salary)
Place of work: Please note our offices are located in Lenasia, South of Johannesburg.
Closing date for applications: Friday, 22 February 2019
For any queries, please call: 011 854 0082
Applications and CVs must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(NB: Please use the word ‘Youth Manager’ in the email subject of your application)