The Regional Psychosocial Support Initiative (REPSSI) Available Position 2019
The Regional Psychosocial Support Initiative (REPSSI) is a leading African psychosocial support organisation working in thirteen countries in East and Southern Africa. REPSSI’s vision is that all communities and families nurture, protect and empower their children and youth.
The Africa Psychosocial Support Institute (APSSI) is a subsidiary of REPSSI. APSSI fosters professionalism and excellence in Mental Health and Psychosocial care and support (MHPSS). The Institute was initiated in 2016 as part of a broader response to the need for standardised PSS definitions and terms, quality research and data on PSS, formalised PSS capacity development, excellent PSS resources and MHPSS thought leadership in Africa.
APSSI consists of two arms; the first will develop and deliver innovative and accredited PSS skills development programmes and qualifications, lead research in mental and psychosocial wellbeing in Africa, stimulate thought leadership in child and adolescent mental health and psychosocial support, develop PSS resources and provide an accreditation service for PSS organisations, programmes and professionals. In this regard, APSSI will coordinate with higher academic institutions in the continent. The second arm will raise funds through developing, marketing and providing a range of consultancy services.
Job Title: Director for APSSI
Job Location: Randburg, Johannesburg
Report to: The REPSSI CEO and APSSI Board of Directors
Remuneration will be commensurate with skills and experience. REPSSI
The Director will attract income from a variety of sources of a sufficient level that the Institute will become self-sustaining, and provide an income for REPSSI, after the initial two-year period. The Director of APSSI provides strategic leadership to both arms of the Institute.
- Academic programmes
- Marketing and Consultancy services
- Product development
- Corporate affairs
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Education or Management or relevant field
- Three years’ senior management experience, including sales and service functions
- Strategic leadership
- Experienced team leader research and publications
- Proven ability to secure significant funding
- PhD in Social Sciences, Education or Management
- Knowledge of the Mental Health, Psychosocial Support
- Strategic leadership and financial management experience
- Interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated management experience and ability to motivate, inspire and direct team members
- Strong negotiation and marketing skills
- Must thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging programme environment.
- Ability to set ambitious targets and drive to exceed them
- Willingness to travel as required
- Ability to work outside of conventional office hours, and across time zones
- Appreciation of Psychosocial Support and Mental Health in Africa
- Understanding of both academic settings and consultancy services
- Working knowledge of National Qualification Authorities in Africa
Submit a one-page written motivation, CV and three work related referees with contact details, certified copies of identity document and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Friday, 22 March, 2019