University of Johannesburg (UJ) Bursaries South Africa
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY
The University of Johannesburg was established in 2005 when a merger occurred between the Rand Afrikaans University (RAU), the Soweto and East Rand campuses of Vista University and the Technikon Witwatersrand (TWR).
Below are a list of bursaries specifically for UJ students (current and prospective). See which bursaries are applicable to you and follow the simple instructions on how to apply.
If you have any queries relating to one of the bursary opportunities below, please contact the university directly.
1) UJ-CANSA Bursary
Joint bursary programme between the University of Johannesburg and the Cancer Association of South Africa (CANSA) to assist students in areas related to cancer research.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- SA citizens
- Studying/ cancer research in of the following at UJ (Master’s/ Doctoral):
- Animal studies and zoology – elephant bio-detection
- Health sciences – cancer prevention and treatment
- Carcinogens – environmental (e.g. pollution)
- Socio-psychological issues
- Marketing and communications (strategies for NPOs)
- Business management – non-profit organisations (NPOs)
WHAT IS THE BURSARY VALUE
Master’s: R20 000
Doctoral: R30 000
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms can be downloaded at www.uj.ac.za when the call opens. Students must complete the application form and enclose reference reports as required.
Second week of May during year of study
Telephone: 011 559 4016