Studying at the GSB is a career-making move. From our top-ranked MBA to our suite of executive education short courses, the GSB caters to leaders and managers at every stage of their learning journey. We listen to the market and develop courses that can help to get you future ready. Find the perfect course for your needs. .
University of South Africa Business School Programmes
PGD – Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration
MBL – Master of Business Leadership
MBA – Master of Business Administration
DBL – Doctor of Business Leadership
The PGD is your stepping stone towards a successful business leadership career. It will broaden your business and management perspective, providing you with the tools to effectively lead as you journey towards the upper-echelons of the business sphere. This PGD gives you access to continue with your studies towards an MBA or MBL, providing that you meet the admission requirements of the programme of choice.
University of South Africa Business School Admission requirements
- Three-year, 360-credit Bachelor’s Degree or National Higher Diploma or Advanced Diploma (accredited by the CHE or form an accredited institution) (supply a copy of degree as well as transcript, indicating the symbol or percentage obtained for each module and indicating whether or not the qualification was completed.) For this qualification applicants must have a 60% average score.
- Original documentary proof of at least two years’ managerial or professional work experience (eg a letter from your employer on an official letterhead), indicating your period of service or a certificate of service. If you operate your own business, the statement can be made by your auditor, accountant, attorney or partner
- A recent Curriculum Vitae
- A two-page double-spaced document motivating why you want to obtain an PGD degree. You have to certify that this motivation is your own work and prepared solely by you for the application process.
- Supply a clear copy of Identity Document or Passport. (Copy of driver’s licence is NOT acceptable.)
- If you are a sponsored student include a letter from your sponsor that indicates that they are taking responsibility for your tuition fees
The Graduate School of Business Leadership may institute additional selection criteria as deemed necessary.
Before your apply
Before you download the application form, familiarise yourself with the instuction document linked on the application form. Kindly download the application form and complete it electronically, then email the completed application form together with the supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
University of South Africa Business School Fees Structure
Student fees are broken down into the following
- Application fee
- Tuition fees; split into acceptance deposit and subsequent payment plan
- Additional fees for students outside of SA and outside of Africa
- Miscellaneous fees
Application fees formal programmes
- Application fee R 170
- Application fees are non-refundable.
- The application fee may be paid using the MyUnisa online payment platform http://www.unisa.ac.za/sites/corporate/default/Apply-for-admission/Student-fees-and-funding-your-studies/Unisa-payment-methods-and-banking-details or electronic fund transfer (EFT) or credit card or cash deposit at your nearest bank.
- Bursars (sponsors) can request a pro-forma invoice from the Fees Office
- Invoices will only be created once a valid purchase order (PO) is sent by the bursar/ sponsor
Note that Unisa is a cashless environment.
Full Year Registrations
Total Fees (registration for all 9 modules) R55 053.00
Registration Fee R27 527.001st
Instalment (15 Mar 2020) R13 763.002nd
Instalment (15 Aug 2020) R13 763.00
University of South Africa, 1 Preller Street, Pretoria
Mr Chris Lekhuleni
Tel +27 12 444 8666
Mr Corné Jacobs
Tel: +27 12 429 3046