University of the Witwatersrand Admission Requirements
Which school-leaving qualification category do you fall into?
- Wits The National Senior Certificate (NSC) Admission Requirements
- Wits Foreign School-Leaving Qualification Admission Requirements
- Wits The National Senior Certificate (Vocational) Admission Requirements
Admission Point Score
Are you an applicant who is currently writing or completed the NSC matric? If you are, then please read the information below regarding admission requirements.
NB: This is a guideline only. Meeting the requirements does not guarantee a place. Final selection is made subject to the availability of places, academic results and other entry requirements where applicable.
Wits tabulates the points score for all subjects on the following basis:
- That English must be taken either as Home Language or as 1st Additional Language. Foreign students presenting with English as 2nd Additional Language will have the option of a foreign conditional exemption and / or English proficiency tests.
- Maths is compulsory for all numerate programmes in Engineering and Built Environment, Commerce, Law and Management, and Science.
- Maths Literacy is accepted for some degrees (see Admission Requirements (NSC)).
- Wits does not distinguish between designated vs non-designated subjects when calculating the admission point score (APS)
- The APS calculation is based on the best seven subjects including Life Orientation
Designated Subjects – NSC
– See more at: https://www.wits.ac.za/undergraduate/entry requirements/#sthash.KRKiAn1Z.dpuf